Heart Attack

Dedicated to: @lifJung

I get my phone and try to call my mom, after the fifth ring, she picked up. "Jung, what is it?" she asked in Korean, worry in her voice. "I got accepted. I am now a resident at San Jose St. Bonaventure Hospital!" I squeal, "today's my first day." My mother grunts, but I sense that she's happy. "Good job, Yung, I'm proud of you," I smile warmly as she says that, I glance at my clock and tell her I have to go, "Bye, I love you," she says, I can sense that she doesn't want me to hang up. "Bye, Mom."

As I hang up my phone, I go to YouTube in search of my favorite video: Man saves a child at Texas airport. I sigh, I want to be just like Shaun Murphy, some say that I have a crush on him, which is true. I drive to work early and see Doctor Glassman standing by the entrance. "Doctor Glassman!" I say while getting out of my car. He slowly walks to me and greets me. "Jung Yeonwoo, pleasure to finally meet you," he says proudly. When I lived in South Korea, I was a famous surgeon, but I decided that I wanted to come to America to learn more.

"-You'll be on Neil Melendez's team today," he says as he points to a doctor with a tattoo creeping out of his shirt; very unprofessional. "hello, Doctor Melendez," I say quietly. "Hello, Ms. Yeonwoo," he says without looking up, my patience begins to thin. "You'll be working with Doctor Murphy today, just to get a feel of how this hospital works. Murphy!" My heartbeat quickens, what if he was Shaun Murphy? I remind myself that 'Murphy' is a very common last name. "Murphy!" Melendez almost shouts. A head turns around, and I realize it is him! I blush intensely. 

"Hello. I'm Doctor Shaun  Murphy. Please follow me," he said while walking, I must jog to keep up with him. We enter a room where a six year old who feels constipated. After going through many rooms, they finally go into their last one.

"Charles Finen, 67 years old, he had a heart attack at his house and his daughter brought him here." I said while staring at a clipboard. "It wasn't my daughter who brought me here," Charles whispered. "What?" Shaun asked, while chuckling. "Then who brought you here?" I asked, concerned. "My fiancé, Sylvia," he said while pointing at young girl who looked about 25 years old right outside the door. 

"She's not your fiancé. She's too young," Shaun said while checking the monitors. "I can marry who I want," Charles said while getting upset. "Calm down, Mr. Finen," I said while looking at Shaun, "could I talk to you for a moment?" 

We walk outside the door and I sigh. "Shaun, don't tell people what they can and can't-"I was interrupted by rapid beeping. We run in and the monitors show that he's having another heart attack. I look at Shaun and he looks at me; we were scared. Shaun paged Melendez and he was in the room in less than ten seconds. After 30 seconds of excruciating working, we finally got Charles' heart pumping again. 

Everybody let out a sigh of relief and without thinking, I hugged Shaun. He was obviously surprised, but he soon hugged me back, awkwardly. "Sorry," I mumbled embarrassedly. "It's alright, Jung," he said while smiling, I smiled back. 

The End!

Thanks for reading! If there are any requests, just write them on the first page!