Chapter 9: After 4 long years

Maxina, now 19 still lives with her caring 59 year old grandmother. She had almost forgotten her whole life. She lived a peacefully. One day when she was going to the forest to pick spices and herbs for her grandmother's tea, she saw three pairs of red glowing eyes. She screamed and ran, until she tripped on a stone. She helplessly lay on the ground and thought hope was almost over until she heard another howl, to her surprise, she saw a black furred wolf with gray eyes that seem familiar to her. The black wolf started attacking the red eyed, brown furred wolves. She ran as fast,as she could, and tried her best not to hear the wolves' howls.

When she opened the door to her grandmother's house, she was shocked to see her grandmother lying on the floor, dying. Maxina wept and said bitterly "no, grandma, I can't lose you too" her grandmother smiled with tears in her eyes. "My dear, you are old enough to know the truth, I am the mother of your mortal mother and she married your redhowl father, that means you are half Redhowl. You might soon feel the power to shapeshift, when you felt it 4 years before, the Redhowl will unleash upon you." She whispered, and closed her eyes, she was gone.