Epilogue

"Abigail. . ."

He drags my name out ever-so slowly to prolong my torment. I draw in a sharp breath as I press my back firmly against the rocky structure behind me. It's rough and jagged edges jab my back but I ignore the irritation. I cast a glance to my side. I can see his shadow teetering around the corner. 

Stealthily, I move around the structure to avoid being discovered.  In this moment, I am relishing that the sand is masking the sound of my movements. 

I come to a halt when I realize that I've gotten myself caught in a corner. There is no where else to go. Panicked, I look around for a hiding spot. After a few moments of spinning around, I look up. The rocky structure that I am hiding behind is partially curved. The slope is low enough for me to climb onto and stay out of sight. 

First, I toss my gun up before me. Then, I proceed to hoist myself up. The rocks are cold and slippery with moss. I struggle to get a proper grip. When I hear his footsteps approaching a rush of adrenaline washes over me. With my new found strength and agility, I pull myself up. 

I burrow down and grab my weapon as I wait. 

He rounds the corner with certainty and his weapon ready to fire. The smug look is wiped off of his face when he does not see me. The look is replaced with one of confusion and then determination. 

"You can't hide forever." He taunts me, inching closer into the tight corner. I silently pray that he walks a few more feet in so I can get the perfect shot. 

A little closer. . .

"Come on. . ." He says in a beckoning voice. 

Just a few more steps. . . 

He begins chuckling, certain he will be victorious. Not this time, I think.

"You can't always hide." He rolls his eyes. My muscles tense as he walks right in front of me. 

I smile, anticipating victory, as I raise my weapon.  

"You have to come out event-" I cut him off with a spurt of water. I aim my water gun towards the center of his chest and drag it up towards his face. His eyes fill with shock  as he looks up the see me. I laugh as I empty my water-gun in victory. 

"I win!" I call out to everyone once I'm finished drenching Dem. He rolls his eyes, begrudgingly, as he lifts his shirt to wipe his face.  I walk over to pat him on the shoulder. ". . . again." 

He pauses wiping his face to grab me by the waist. He begins running towards the shore with me shrieking on his shoulder.  I laugh uncontrollably as we get submerged under the water. The cold water is a shock to my system but gives me a rush. After a few moments under water, I come up to take a breath. Running towards us, I see Demi, Mad, and Dylan. Soon, they jump in as well. Their submersion causes cool water to splash everywhere; I yelp and cover my face. 

Our day at the beach was long awaited. Today's adventure is more PG compared to our previous ones. No more night tag and breaking and entering. Today was filled with broad daylight, water-guns, and not trespassing. We needed a break from woods and abandoned residencies. 

And the evil entities, of course. 

"The sun is setting." Dylan announces after he finishes splashing Mad. She tries to splash him back but he holds her arms down with his. He laughs cockily as she struggles. She breaks free and dunks his head under the water.