Llama rides

Another shit day at this shit job with shit coworkers and an android that ate blood for a detective partner. Great.

Gavin slumped down in his chair and tapped on the touchscreen, searching through the files for a case he was remotely interested in. He mumbled under his breath as he did so, "Murder, attack, murder, robbery..."
Everything the same, nothing new to investigate. He sighed and leaned back in his chair, the wheels rolling backwards a few inches across the ground as he closed his eyes.

Mental note - actually sleep tonight.

It was early in the morning, he always seemed to arrive a while before anyone else did. However one sideaffect of red ice was insomnia and he hadn't managed to get a minute of sleep.

"Detective Reed?"
A familiar voice snapped him out of his daydreams.
"What do you want tincan?" He snapped back with his usual bitter attitude, not bothering to open his eyes.

"Excuse me if i startled you, i was told it was your day off and so didn't expect you to be here. May i ask why you have come into work?"
Gavin sighed and sat up again, returning to flipping through the files.
"Beats sitting at home doing jack shit. Why do you care anyway?"
Conan's blank expression slightly faltered, a rare occurance as he usually showed zero emotion.
"W-well i was wondering if you would like to do something?"
The man turned his head to look at the android. Was he... nervous? He had certainly never stuttered before, especially not to his arrogant ass.
"What did ya have in mind?"
"I-i booked a llama ride down in the nearby countryside. I was wondering if you would like to join me.

Was he fucking 6? He hadn't been on an llama ride for years, why would he want to now? Then again... it's with him...
NO! He had to stop thinking like this. He didn't have feelings, couldn't have feelings. He was supposed to hate androids... he...

"Detective Reed?"
Oh, he hadn't replied yet. Gavin ignored the nagging voice telling him to accept and adopted his signature cold expression.
"The hell are you asking me for? Do you think i'm a kid? Why would i want to go on a fucking llama ride, idiot," He snapped.

"Understood. My apologies detective Reed."

Conan sat in his assigned desk, his face blank but his eyes dark, almost as if he was upset by the response.

Software instability ^

The detective looked for a moment longer and his angry look began to waver. He wanted to go but... fuck it. Sighing, he stood up and shut off the computer, grateful nobody else was around to see him give in.

"Get your shit together. We're gonna ride llamas i guess..."

Conan glanced at him, a mixture of surprise and disbelief stirring his his program as he quickly got up and shut off his own computer.

Software instability ^

--------------------

The sun was roasting but Gavin wouldn't take off his jacket despite RK900 insisting. They were trekking through a countrylane path, fences with livestock and trees on either side of them. Conan was walking calmly but there was a feeling of excitement building in his emotion simulating component. Ge still couldn't believe Gavin had agreed. meanwhile, the detective himself was moving slowly, unbothered by the whole thing.

They rounded a corner to a small barn and paddock, a few llamas lined up with ropes hanging loosely around their necks to keep them from escaping. Gavin's heart leapt when he saw the animals but he attempted to keep a straight face. he loved animals more than he loved existence itself; he owned at least 12 cats and spent most his spare time surrounded by them.

The llamas noticed them and began to... gurgle? (seriously look up the sound a llama makes. it's T E R R I F Y I N G.) Gavin smiled, reaching to pet one's neck. Conan looked at him over his shoulder and smiled.

Software instability ^

They approached the keeper together and he lead the pair out into the field. Gavin's nerves began to slightly build up when he saw how big they actually were. He tried to look cool but gulped when he was lead over to one at least 8 feet tall; 'the third tallest ever recorded' the keeper told him. 

How do you even climb onto this thing? He attempted to but ended up slipping of the soft fluff with a yelp. 

"What the fUck!"

Conan laughed and hoisted him up, sitting behind him on the animal's back. Gavin held onto the llama's neck as the ride started, expecting to be bored but the gentle pace was actually quite comforting. He let himself sink into the fluff and almost fell asleep until... what was that?

 Conan's arms were snaking around his waist in a hug. 

"What're you..."

Looking back at him, the detective saw the android was nervous, as if he knew how much of a risk he was taking. His heartbeat sped up and his face flushed darker, not finishing his question and rather giving in, leaning back into his partner's arms. Conan was shocked but smiled, relieved and holding Gavin close. 

Everything has to come to an end eventually, including the ride. Yhe llama stoped moving and... screamed? To alert the keeper that they had returned. Conan thanked him and paid while Gavin stood back, feeling more content than he had before

They began the walk back and the android kept glancing over, smiling when he saw that his partner was happy. He saw his chance and took it. While the human was lost in his thoughts, Conan stepped towards him and intertwined their fingers together. Gavin flinched but didn't move away, instead holding the other's hand tighter in an unspoken relationship.

"So you had more fun than you expected hm?" 

"Fuck off," Gavin rolled his eyes with a playful smile.

They walked like that for a few more seconds before the human sighed, gently squeezing Conan's hand.

"Yeah."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AAA THE PRECIOUS BOYESSSS. Sorry if this wasn't the best, it's currently 1AM and i'm still a crap writer :,). The next oneshot should be better since it was half written by a friend of mine. Im pretty much gonna copy and paste the roleplay but thAtS nOT i m pOr tANt.