seven

richie tozier
"is it eddie?"
what the hell? did stan tell her, or is it just that obvious? "how does everyone know!" i groan. bev laughs, "you're no expert at hiding your feelings, tozier." how many more of the losers knew? "listen, you were really stupid but i'm sure you learned your lesson and i forgive you, rich. have you talked to eddie yet?" bev smiles at me. "thank you bevvie, and no not yet.. he's the last one i need to apologize to." i tell her. "then what are you waiting for?" she stands up and grabs me by my arm and starts dragging me to the front door. "go apologize to your boy, tozier! you know i've been rooting for you two since i was 13." bev laughs, hugging me. "thanks bev, you're awesome!" i tell at her as i start to walk away.

i finally start to approach eddie's house. it was nearly 12am, which meant sonia was most definitely asleep.  i walk to the back of the house, and spot eddie's window. i grab the ladder resting against the side of the house and set it up so it reaches the window. after climbing the ladder i sit on the roof and knock on eddie's window, the curtains were drawn. after a few seconds, the curtains are opened and i see eddie, face red and tears in his eyes. "eddie, please let me in." i say softly. god, i'm really the worst.
he quickly opened the window, and i entered his room. "eddie, i" eddie interrupted me, "no richie, i don't want to hear it. it's 12am and i don't want you here." a tear ran down his face. i cant believe him so bad. i hate seeing eddie upset, especially when i'm the reason behind it. "i'm sorry eds, please let me explain." my voice cracks as i'm trying not to cry looking at him. "i.. i don't like her eddie. i hate her, i mean she really is the worst! but i wanted to forget.. someone. and i can't make excuses for what i did, but i really am so sorry." i tell him. he gulps, looking me in the eye.
"who?" he asks.
oh god. oh fuck. now what? i just want to hug him and make everything better. maybe i should lie. i could just leave, no. that would make it worse.

"you."