Chapter 14

CH 14

(Abner)

"You claim me as yours, keep me here. Now... I'm nothing?"

Her voice played once again in my head.

"...I know I hate you, but a little voice at the back of my head thought  at least someone wanted my company so bad, that maybe you cared."

She thought I cared for her. I do- I really do.
I want her to smile, whenever our eyes meet- but she always stiffens.

I want her to close her eyes in pleasure, whenever I touch her- but she shuts them tightly, in fear.

...it was left by mistake', I had told her. Moron.

Then, that day at the forest. I shouldn't have shifted in front of her, but I lost control.
The way her face was buried into my fur...

I simply wanted my arms to encircle her and my lips on her pink ones. I wanted to claim her.

I went out in the balcony, and saw Adela carrying a huge stack of files for Lola.
Did I not warn her to stay away from my angel?
I looked at Adela, who was  looking a bit uncomfortable carrying the files, but did not complain even a single bit. She's something for sure.

Lola wispered something to her, before leaving. A thanks, maybe?

Definately not a thanks, because my mate had teary eyes, when she turned.

Fine, then.

'Oswin', I said through the mind-link.

Yes, Alpha?'

'Make sure that Maxmillan Starr knows that we shall not provide him any help to get back his land by the Eastern side.'

'But the new hotel we-'

'I don't care.'

'We shall lose a million and a half, Alpha!'

'I still don't care.'

'But Alpha-'

'I SAID I DON'T FUCKIN' CARE, OSWIN!'

'Fine, then.'

I took out of the drawer the old photograph, burnt a little at the right edge, taped at several places and one of it's corners missing.
I still remember when the fucker tore all her pictures and set them aflame.
I remember almost burning my hand, trying to save the pieces of this one.

"Mama", I mumbled to myself, letting a tear escape. She smiled back at me, from the picture.
"I'm sorry for being like him. I promise I'll love her, always."

I went downstairs, to find everyone in the living room- Edna, Tina, Oswin, Barney, Covis, Adrian and... Adela.

My eyes snap back to Adrian. The girl. Adrian's friend.

"What is she doing here?", I asked. All eyes snapped toweards me.

"Adrian found his mate", said Clovis.
"Yeah", huffed Barney, "an year younger, even he found his mate."

I sat on the couch, next to Oswin and Adela right in front of me. I looked up at her.

My heart sank, when she stiffened in fear and cast her eyes down. She fiddled with her fingers and readjusted her glasses.
Even nervous, she can knock the breath out of me. She is always so nervous around me.

"So tonight", squealed Tina. She's so jumpy. "... we'll be going to 'The Spade', to celebrate for Adrian and Nisha!"

At first, my princess denied Edna's plea to accompany. Finally when she agreed, there came the issue of the dress.

The girls had broughtfor her a blue one, that almost touched her knees. It was perfect for her, and even the thought of her wrapped in it, made me... stiff.

VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW  AND SHARE!
  XOXO