Chapter 9

CH 9

(Adela)

I opened the window looking right, at the drainage pipe. Nope, slippery.
I quickly threw out my 'rope', which I had been making from the past twenty minutes, by knotting down five of my bedsheets together.

I landed on the ground, my feet making a small splash as they came in contact with the little muddy puddle beneath.

I can't do this. I can't stay with him. Mate? He wants me to live with an abusive, cold man seven years older than me. Nope, Abner Roth. This is not happening. Without wasting even a single secod, I dashed into the woods.

"ADELAAA!!!", I heard a loud, furious scream. Even with the house a good half-an-hour run away, he can be heard. I accelerated even more, somehow relieved to have a huge headstart.

"You little bitch!"

I stopped in my tracks.

"Turn around."

I turned around, keepng my eyes closed.

"Look at me", he commanded. When I did not open my eyes, he painfully grabbed me by my hair, and yelled, "I said fucki'n look at me!"

I opened my eyes, to find a very angry Abner Roth. The white part of his eyes was so red, and his veins were so popping out. Darn it... I've fucked up big time.

"I've been too polite, I guess. Now you'll see Abner Roth. Alpha Abner Roth."

Despite all my protests, the caveman threw me over his shoulder, and took me to I don't know where. Even with my weight on him, he ran so fast, that my surroundings nearly blurred. I closed my eyes, afraid of getting nauseous.

we stopped. I opened my eyes, as he put me down in front of  a house. A huge and beautiful house. A mansion. He held my arm and started to drag me in, not allowing me to properly see around. He led me in a room, and threw me on the bed.

"You are my mate", he growled. "You stay here, quietly. Try to act oversmart, and you'll be dead."

He went out, locking the door. I rushed towards the door, loudly banging it, "NO! Pllease let me out! Open ti! Open the do-"

"Shut up!", Abner yelled, opening the door and pushed me down hard, making me painfully falling down on the floor. He dashed out, again locking me inside.

I heard many voices, then. Abner and a few other voices, glass smashing, things falling. After a while, the door opened, revealing Oswin Myron.

"Goodevening, Luna", he greeted, clearly unsure of what to say.

"Lu- what?"

"Alpha's mate. That's what you are. Our Luna."

"I'm no Luna", I grumbled.
He chuckled but suddenly stopped, narrowing his eyes.
"Did he do it?"

"Who did what?"

Oswin went out and less than a minute later, returned with a mirror. I looked into it, to find red marks on my neck, in addition to my already swollen cheek.

He sat beside me on the bed, sighing. "He has some anger issues."

"I guess yeah."

"Trust me, he's not that bad and-"

"yeah that he has a good heart and la la la... where are we? In some movie, or some pulp fiction?"

"Luna, this is-"

"Adela. Call me Adela."

He ckuckled. "Adela, this is something we cannot argue about. I know it's weird for you. Weird is an understatement, I guess; but trust me, we all are a family and that you are a part of it, now."

After a moment he said, "Oh. She's here. I'll leave the two of you alone, then."

Right after Oswin left, a girl about my age, peeked inside.

"May I enter?"

"Y-Yes?"

"Hello. I'm Edna. Oswin's mate."

"Oh. Um... are you also a-"

"Wolf? Yes I am. Does it scare you?"

"Sort of, I guess."

"You shouldn't be scared, luna."

"Call me Adela", I groaned.

"Adela, I brought you some fresh clothes. Mine will fit you. Take a shower and i'll be downstairs, helping Tina with the dinner.

"Tina?"

"Abner's sister", she sang as she closed the door behind her.

***

I took a shower and stepped out, wrapped in a fluffy purple towel.

I think I had miserably forgotten to lock the door for a split second later, the satan himself barged inside.

"Get your lazy ass down for the din-"
He immidiately stopped, as his eyes fell upon me. He took a step forward and I took two back. I kept moving back untill my back hit the cupboard behind.

I stiffened when he buried his head in the crook of my neck, nuzling me and his lips placed a soft kiss there.

"Abner. Please, don't"

He immidiately pulled away, frowning. "I don't understand", he asked himself so quietly that i barely could hear it.

"What?"

He looked at me. His eyes that held an expression of confusion immidiately came back to their usual, cold state. He went out, muttering something to himself.

What the hell did just happen?!

Still scared, I went downstairs, wearing Edna's clothes. "If it's Adela I smell, come in here."

I followed the unknown female voice, that led to a huge and beautiful kitchen. almost half of my little house would have fit in it. Edna, and another older girl, who presume had earlier called me, amiled warmly at me. I smiled back.

"Hi! I'm Tina, Abner's sister. But I'm definately way more civilized."

"Adela Shepard."

"You hungry?"

"A little", I smiled sheepishly.

"Dinner!!!", Edna screamed loudly and a minute later, came in Oswin with three more guys One of them pecked Tina on the lips and they both grinned at each other. Then their eyes fell upon me.

"And who are you, beautiful?", one of them asked.

"I'm Adela."

"Adela?"

"Abner's mate, idiot", Tina interrupted.

I think I suddenly grew two more heads, for the boys were staring at me, their mouths hung open.

"It's rude to stare, idiots", said Oswin, "let's introduce ourselves to the luna."

"Call me Adela!", I groaned.

VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW  AND SHARE!
  XOXO