Chapter 13

A huge thanks to neon_chip  for the cover above. It's awesome.

CH13

(ADRIAN'S P.O.V)

I hope that after reading this chapter, you shall hate my Abner, a little less. A little.

"I'm sure it's because of that bitch, Lola", said Tina for the fifteenth time.

"And I hate that song!", she yelled seconds later in my ear, almost making me hit the car in our front.
I raised the volume, making Taylor Swift's voice blaze out even louder. Tina ssmacked my shoulder, while Edna let out a small 'what's wrong withTaylor Swift?'

"Either you both speak a few decibels lower, or I'm not changing the station."

"Fine. We're about to reach there, anyway."

I can't believe this. Abner is like an elder brother to me and I know that he'll never choose Starr over the Luna. I know he has a temper, but he'd never hurt Luna.
Intentionally, at least. He sometimes tends to forget that humans are much more fragile.

Then comes that Lola slut. One way or another, I know she's at fault. Nobody even wants her around.
But she is Lola Starr, the daughter of Alpha Maxmillan Starr.Sure the pack isn't stronger than us, but Alpha doesn't want useless conflicts. Ever since she met Abner, she's been trying to get him  but I know he'll never fall for her.

He's a virgin, for God's sake!

Makeouts, for sure he's done, but nothing more. Now I seriously hope that he tries to improve for his mate.

Mate. My Mate.

Where is she?

"Adrian, pick us up after three hours", said Edna, kissing me on the cheek. From the day one she came, she's been the sister i had always wanted.

"Actually, I need a jacket, as well."

"I'm going to have something to eat first", I said.

"We'll be on the fifth floor", Tina said, waving a goodbye.

***   ***

After thirty minutes, I step on the fifth floor, to find Edna and Tina.
Suddenly, it hits me.
The scent.
Her scent.

I know it's my mate. It's her, for sure because this scent... it's the most amazing thing I've ever smelt- wonderful, amazing. Maddening.

I rush past the people, getting rows of curses, as I hit some of them. None of it matters- the only thing that matters, is the scent. Her scent.

What will I tell her? How will I tell Her? The scent is that of a human. Will she even like me?

I stopped outside the women's toilet.

"You found us!"

I was so intoxicated by her scent, that I did not even noice Edna and Tina, standing here.

"Adrian? something's wrong?"

"Mate. I found her."

Tina hugged me, while Edna clapped her hands, and squealed.

"Where is she?!", they screamed together.

"Her scent. It led me here. She's inside."

Both of their eyes widened. "But there's only one girl inside", said Tina. "This means-"

Suddenly, I'm greeted by a strong gush of her scent, as the door opens. I inhale deeply and look up.
Her black hair reach her waist, and she flips them behind her shoulder. She ebams a heart- warming smile at Edna and Tina, as she told them something about a faulty faucet and then giggled at her own joke.
Damn her voice is melodious! Finally, she notices me.

"Uh, hello?"

I immidiately put my arms around her waist, burying my head in her hair. I inhaled her scent, while Edna and Tina gasped.

"Where have you been all this time?", I groaned.

"Ow! Ow! Oww!", she replied.

"Huh?", I asked releasing my mate, who was now rubbing her knuckles. I looked over at Edna and tina, who were trying to supress laughter.

Finally, Edna said, "she- she tried to punch you."

"Who are you?", my mate asked. Now on her fingers, were shiny brass knuckles.

"I", I said, cupping her face, "am yours."

####  ####  ####

(ADELA)

"I could stare at you, all day long", I said to the beautiful peonies. From the past two hours, I've been sitting in the greenhouse, looking at the flowers and the fruit trees.
Mr. Malek, the gardner had left an hour ago, after he tended to the plants. I decided to go out.
The weather is partially cloudy, the sun's rays peeking through small gaps within the clouds. I mentally thanked the god for this peace.

"Hey bitch!"

I'm so taking my thanks back.

"Can I help you, Lola?", I politely asked Lola, who was carrying a huge stack of files.

"Help me get these into my car."

"Sure", I replied. She gave me most of the files,and walked ahead like some queen.

"So, Abner told me you're his mate", She said. I froze, not only at her calm tone, but at Abner's actions. I thought he were ashamed of me?

"I swear, Adela, your'e one lucky girl. I mean... he's so good at bed. There's a reason I always ask dad to send me here for any pack work."

I ignored her, constantly telling myself that she's just trying to get a reaction out of me.
Once again, she started to praise his 'strength', which has really started to make me uncomfortable. My mate cannot just whore around with anyone.
What? My?! No No Nnnn... No!

'Of course he's yours!'

'Shut up!', I scream at my subconscious.

"Loser", Lola rudely muttered, as she sped away in her red convertible. With teary eyes, I turned to go back inside, only to find Abner leaning against the railing of his balcony, staring at me.
Jerk.

I rushed back into my room and as soon as I entered, I heard voices downstairs.
Tina, Edna, Adrian, and... Nisha?
I ran back into the living room, and saw Edna and Tina animatedly talking to each other, While Adrian had his arma wrapped around Nisha's waist, who was goofily smiling at him.

Holy...

"What the hell is going on?!"

All of them turned in my direction. Finally, Adrian said, "I found my mate?", he looked at Nisha. She blushed, and softly kissed his cheek.

"Does she know?", I asked.

"Yes, I do."

"What? Really? OMG... please don't freakout... oh goodness! You see that-"

"Adela!", she had to shake me, "I know what he is, okay? and... I dunno... but I really like him."

"She wouldn't believe at first and called me a mental. So I took her into the forest and shifted", said Adrian.

"You did what?!"

"Yes", said Edna, "For an hour we stood outside the forest boundary, and waited. Finally they come out- hair messy and lips swollen and all blushing and mush and goo."

"Adela", spoke Nisha, keeping a hand on my shoulder, "I know everything now. It shall be fine."

"You know everything?", I confirmed. She nodded.

"So it means we can... talk?"

VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW  AND SHARE!
  XOXO