Chapter 4

*.*.*.*.*.*

~Chapter 4 Heart Of Inferno~

I was pacing, something I tended to do a lot when I was nervous or thinking or both…

I was pacing around the waiting room, Nicolette and her parents were sitting down on cheap fold up chairs, Nicolette was holding her head in her hands her mother was looking at the door to the room Gazelle was being kept in, her normally cheerful face solemn, her dad on the other hand was a total different story, he sat in his chair staring off into nowhere in particular, in his own world, he and Gazelle hadn’t been speaking in over three months , he was an abusive father and husband the last time he had lashed out at Gazelle for not cleaning out her room had been one time to many, he had lost control and hit her across the face and demanded that she never speak to him again, she had gladly complied.

I ran my fingers through my hair recalling the events that had occurred after I had called the ambulance.

They had arrived and made me retell the story of how we had found Gazelle whilst they carried her  body into the back of the van, a woman had told me that she still had a pulse and needed to get to the hospital immediately, Nicolette rode with them to the hospital sitting beside Gazelle, while I drove her car behind them, when we arrived at the hospital Nicolette called their parents, explaining the situation, and here we are…

After an hour of waiting the doctor emerged from the room. Everyone stood up…except for Gaz’s dad. No one spoke; I cleared my throat and looked at the doctor expectantly…

Please let her be okay…

“Well, your Gazelle was extremely lucky that you found her Ms…?”

“Flaire” I filled in curtly

“Yes, well if you had found her, even a few minutes later Ms. Storm wouldn’t have had made it.”

“May we go see her?” Gazelle’s mom piped in…her voice scratchy

“I suppose so…but you should know that Ms. Storm is in a coma,”

WHAT THE!!! A COMA!!!

I collapsed onto a nearby chair…No No not a coma!

The doctor looked at me oddly and continued

“I’m afraid her injuries were just too much for her… madam…uh after treating her injuries of course…we put Ms. Storm through an examination and we have come to the conclusion that…your daughter was raped and I’m afraid that last night’s rain has washed all her rapists DNA away”

***

It has been a week since we had found Gazelle and were notified of her rape. Every day I would go to the hospital to visit her…she was still in the coma but at least her presence made me feel a bit better.

School has become hell, obviously the whole school knows about Gazelle… I could tell my friends were uncomfortable in my presence…I was miserable and they could pick up on it. No one knew what to say to me, I suppose the thought I was going to have a breakdown if they even mentioned Gaz, and so as a result they all avoided me like the plague ,my one friend Victoria stayed with me at first, since we had all been close, but even she started to drift off… and personally I was grateful I wanted to be alone, I somehow managed to find peace in my isolation from society, I listened to music , it helps me to forget, my marks have dropped, but even the teachers ignore it.

As soon as school finishes I go and visit Gazelle, the nurses have gotten used to me and I slip into the hospital unnoticed. Gazelle’s family come to visit her sometimes, but they don’t really have a lot of time to stay like I do, I don’t judge them for not visiting a lot, I have realized that the only thing that’s preventing them from breaking down as well is to immerse themselves in their work .

“Hey, Gaz” I said softly, I sat down and took hold of her hand, I spoke to her about all the things going on in school , it calmed me down, talking to someone.

***

I spent a few more hours with her but then I was forced to head home it was Marco’s birthday and we were going out for dinner ,I raced home and ran up to my room to get ready. I paused at the mirror in the passage way. I hardly recognized my reflection. In one word to describe it, I looked dead. My long black hair was limp and looked unhealthy, my skin looked a pale, my lips were dry and cracked, but what got me the most was my eyes, they were normally dark brown and if you looked really close you could see tiny flecks of burgundy, now my eyes looked dull, they looked black and the burgundy flecks were more noticeable.

I threw on the black cocktail dress my mother had gotten me, it hung loosely around my body. It seems that I’ve lost some weight too.

I griped my hair into a loose pony tail, I hadn’t even bothered to put on makeup it was only Marco after all.

Before I could greet Marco my mother looked me up and down, clearly not approving of how I looked, she glared at me clearly warning me to be nice.

***

Dinner was a disaster, I never spoke at all and afterward my mother lectured me about being polite. I went up to my room and sat down on my desk, which was cluttered with research.

The police in this town were crappy and dismissed Gazelle’s case on “lack of evidence”

So I was trying to find out what happened, something in my gut told me it was Clyde, all my evidence I had collected pointed to him, but being the son of the police chief had its perks and to the police he was innocent.

***

The next day was normal, well normal for me anyway, that is until I got to the hospital…

I had spent as much time as I dared at the hospital and too soon it was time to go,

“Good night Gaz” I whispered softly holding her hand and gently kissing her cheek, just then something happened, she started to struggle as if she was held down by some invisible force.

“Clyde, Clyde no please, you’re hurting me!” she screamed out tears falling down her face, she started to writhe and scream and suddenly fell limp. I backed away screaming for a nurse.

The nurses came rushing into the room and I was being pushed out a doctor ran up to me grabbing my arms

“What happened?” she asked shaking me slightly, I was just about to spill everything, but something made me bite my tongue.

“She…uh…started to scream and writhe” well, that wasn’t a complete lie…

The doctor nodded and ran off in Gazelle’s room.

I fell into a nearby chair breathing heavily and running my fingers through my already messed up hair.

So it was Clyde all along…

*.*.*.*.*.*

A/N

...okay...so i know that this chapter totally sucked...like ALOT!!!

and it was depressing and all that...

But I've been sick lately sooo all in all...

I feel crappy so unfortunately the chapter turned out crappy.

hope you have a nice day or night :)

*.*.*.*.*.*.