Chapter 2

*.*.*.*.*.*

A/N

^^ Dedicated to @KaroleMoore for leaving such a sweet comment that made me smile!

Pic on the side is Gazelle

*.*.*.*.*.*.

~Chapter 2 Heart Of Inferno~

The rest of the day went as expected Gazelle didn’t speak to me at all and during the lunch break ,she wasn’t in the cafeteria as usual when she was in another of her moods, but although I saddened by this I let it go ,because that’s what good friends do they give each other space when needed and don’t get pushy, right? I didn’t know anymore, lately Gazelle had been getting more of these moods and refused to talk about it so I would always just drop it and pretend it never happened, she was one of the good things in my life and I hated fighting with her.

I got home, opening the door and standing there awkwardly for a moment, then I remembered, there would be no overjoyed dog bounding over to greet me, Marco was asthmatic, so pets were out of the question.

I walked up to my room and began with my homework, half an hour into it my phone buzzed, I opened the new message to see that it was from Gazelle

‘Hi, I’m sorry that I was such a bitch today, please come over, I need some help and I’ve got to tell you something. Love Gaz’

I smiled slightly, glad she wasn’t mad at me and not missing how she conveniently left out the reason why she was in a mood today, I replied immediately

‘Hey, don’t worry about it, sure I’ll be there in 5 xo Tara’

I left a note for my mom stating where I was gone to on the fridge. And left for Gazelles house, the awesome thing is that we only live about a 5 minute walk from each other

***

One of the many things Gazelle and I have in common is that we leave things to the last minute, so that’s how I ended up at the mall Friday afternoon looking around for something she could wear tonight for her date with Clyde. Yes, her DATE with CLYDE. According to her he’s actually very sweet and charming and she’s liked him for awhile and something just clicked while they were paired up for an art assignment… that was the part where I burst out laughing and didn’t stop until I saw that she wasn’t laughing with me, she was serious…

Crap.

“Oooh this would look so hot on you!” I exclaimed holding up a dark ruby red dress covered in black lace ending just above the knee. Gazelle just raised her eyebrow in response.

“Aww come on, I know you hate dresses but…look at it! It’s like it was meant to be! It’s the last one and just happens to be in your size!”

 “Okay, yeah I’ll admit, It’s gorgeous…but-“

“No buts! You sit on your butt” I cut her off grinning

“BUT it’s too formal…you really should let me finish!” she said laughing slightly

“Oh, well that changes things…” I said putting the dress back onto the rail pouting.

***

Half an hour later we settled on a plain red knitted v-neck sweater and a pair of black bootleg jeans.

We were sitting down in the food court eating chocolate-fudge ice cream when I told her what had happened during Math.

“YOU DID WHAT!!!” she shouted, her eyes wide

“Shh! Someone could hear you!”

She rolled her eyes in response and started to laugh just as a passerby stopped to look over at us curiously, she seemed around our age and smiled at Gaz, I had gotten used to it by now, Gaz always got attention from guys, she just was too overfriendly with the opposite sex and hence had a few stalkers, that’s where I came in, she was a very beautiful girl, with hazel eyes and dark hair and she had been getting attention from guys even before she hit puberty, she just seemed to shout damsel in distress with her petite frame and gentleness with everything ,I on the other hand ,well I suppose they were intimidated by me because I tended not to take bullshit very well, I think it started when we were in 7th grade and hormones were starting to kick in, a guy grabbed my ass and  I broke his jaw.

“Soo…um, you’re not mad? Are you?” I asked cautiously referring to the Clyde situation at school

“Oh yeah, I’m totally mad! But because I love you more than some random guy who asked me out, you’re forgiven, besides…he totally deserved it!” she said and started laughing all over again, this time I joined in.

“So…I’ve been meaning to ask you…are you…serious about this guy?” I know I promised that I would be okay with whatever guy Gaz chose, but there was just something about Clyde that creeped me out with his beady eyes and the way he looked at people…girls in particular ,like they were a piece of meat or something…

’I’m just overreacting because he’s going to date my friend and I’m overprotective, yeah that’s what it is!’ I thought to myself at the time, I’ve never been so wrong in my life…

“Serious? About Clyde?” she asked chuckling

“Hell no!” she said laying back in her chair

“Nothing serious, but if he asks me out again I’d probably say yes, but still he’s a player…and he’s not getting anything tonight, that my friend is a promise!”

“Cheers to that!”I said smiling, I looked at my watch

“Shit!” I said panic stricken

“What?” she asked quickly

“It’s 5 o’clock!”

“Shit! Clyde’s coming at 7!!!”

“Come on lets go get you ready.” I said getting up to leave

***

“How do I look?” she asked looking at her refection in the mirror, I was sitting on her bed a loss for words… she looked amazing! Her shoulder length, wavey ,dark brown hair was straightened and gripped in a high ponytail, the red sweater we had gotten fitted perfectly and the jeans hugged her hips she looked gorgeous and she didn’t even have to try…

“Beautiful!” I said smiling

“I feel bad leaving you all alone on a Friday night…” she said biting her lip

“What? No! I’ll be fine, I have this sexy lot to keep me company” I said holding up one movie after the next, Gazelle’s cat, Stormy, jumped onto the bed meowing, I tickled her chin

“Not forgetting Stormy as well.

“Well that’s not the point, the point is you are going to go on this date and you are going to have fun, and you are not going to sit there and worry about me, got it?”

“Yeah, okay Tara”

And then the bell rang

“Well he’s early” I whispered

“Come on lets go” Gazelle said enthusiastically pulling me downstairs toward the front door, and there he was wearing dark jeans and a blue and black hoodie. He turned around and his gaze locked on me, he didn’t even look up when Gazelle stood next to him.

“What are you do here?” he asked in what he probably considered a monotone but all he managed to sound like was like he was incredibly sleepy.

“Clyde may I introduce you to my best friend Katara, Tara you know Clyde”

“Yeah we met before…” he said I just smirked at him and waved lazily

“Well you two have fun okay ,bye!” I said smiling at Gazelle and giving Clyde a cold, hard stare that clearly said ‘Touch her and I’ll kill you”

“Oh I will baby cakes” He whispered but I heard it I didn’t know if he was talking about the ‘Have fun’ part or the ‘touch her and I’ll kill you’ part…well that’s if he was smart enough to understand the look I gave him, which was doubtful.

*.*.*.*.*.*

A/N

okay I know it's extremely short... don't kill me.

at least it's a chapter right? :)

hope you liked it

Xoxo

*.*.*.*.*.*