Chapter 1 - Devil On My Shoulder

Pre-warning, this has mature content in it, with a use of violence and strong language.

I do not own the characters except my own which are Nathan and Ally, but the rest are owned by the writer L.J Smith, this fanfiction is based off of the show, and all the rights of the show go to her and the show. This fanfiction is written purely for the enjoyment of fans. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nashville, Tennessee, Present Day.

~Ally's POV;~

I know it's morning when I can start to feel the sunshine coming through and resting on my closed eyelids, it provides me with warmth and the only motivation to wake up each day. Unable to keep my eyes closed any longer, I open them to find the same tragic surroundings of the backseats to Katherine's silver Porsche. Which she stole, of course. I sighed and stared straight ahead out side of the window, thinking about how much more pleasant and comfortable it would be if I was beside Damon, next to the fireplace, at the Boarding House.

Don't think about him, Ally.

It's been almost two months since I saw him, since I saved his life then unwillingly left with Katherine. These past two months have been interesting, it's showed me a side to Katherine I never knew about. But it's also showed a side to me that I never knew about. Katherine calls it 'the Wrova rage', because if my anger is provoked, then "all hell breaks loose". And Katherine provoked me, of course. She wanted to see me angry and raging. Let's just say, she got what she wanted. There's nothing else to say about that. But this whole road trip has been about being "stronger" and tracking Stefan and Klaus, and we're getting closer. We're onto them and we're getting closer every day, which puts me at ease. Katherine told me about Klaus making Stefan drink blood bag after blood bag, forcing him to become the ripper again, and it just makes me even more angry at Klaus, and it makes me even more determined to help save Stefan. He can be saved.

"Rise and shine, sleeping beauty." Katherine announced loudly from outside of the car, making me jolt upwards, as she tapped on the window behind me. She smirked triumphantly at how she made me jump, with smugness bright in her wide brown eyes. She's proving a point, as always.

A couple of weeks back I told her I wasn't afraid of anything anymore, and she just had to scare the crap out of me in order to make a point. Typical Katherine.

I glanced at the digital clock on the dashboard and read through my strong desire to continue sleeping; 05:14am. I groaned and pushed open the passenger door, feeling the cool fresh air wash over me instantly. The car's heat and scent of new leather is starting to get very irritating, so fresh air in the morning is literally 'like a breath of fresh air'. I got out of the car hastily, urging to stretch my legs from the confined space of the back seats. As I shut the door behind me, I teased Katherine sleepily "You're hilarious." She brushed the bouncy brown curls from her face and answered with a proud grin, her eyes beaming with hidden excitement, "I know."

She's got new information about Stefan and Klaus' whereabouts, I can tell.

Before I could question her, she added with a proud smile "Let's get a drink." She turned on her heel and strolled confidently for the bar across the street, as I asked with raised eyebrows, yet again unable to understand her high energy at this time of the morning, "You still insist on drinking this early?" Katherine called over her shoulder in a teasing voice, whilst walking away with a lively spring in her step, "Has it ever stopped you before?"

I yawned tiredly and mumbled with understanding "Well, no, but-"

She's not even listening to me anymore, she's heading for the bar with her newfound smug pride. I sighed and followed reluctantly after her, crossing the street for the bar, trying not to pass out from exhaustion before I reached it. Angie's Bar. How exciting. I push open the double doors and walk inside, being immediately welcomed by the country music, smell of beer, and the small conversation throughout the almost empty bar. Spotting Katherine immediately up by the bar side, seated on a stool with two glasses of alcohol in front of her, I passed a group of tables and reached her.