CHAPTER 6: Things Never Change

LOUIS POV

After having breakfast with Hailey, I met up with the boys back at the flat that Harry and I shared. I thought back to this morning, the way she looked down at the floor when I said something cheeky, making her blush, and the way she said my name.

She was gorgeous, the way her soft pink lips pulled up at the corners when she smiled at me made me crazy. I didn’t want to overstep any boundaries with her, so I playfully suggested a game of 20 questions. Hey, I know it’s childish, but you’d be surprised how much you learn about a person after a good game of 20 questions.

I started off with a couple of innocent questions, like her favourite vegetable, (which I was pleasantly surprised were carrots, as I love carrots as well.) As I started getting into more personal questions, like her childhood, and school, I could instantly tell I touched a nerve.

Her face let out a flicker of emotions; I recognized pain, and something else… maybe guilt? I wasn’t too sure, but whatever it was, I didn’t touch on the subject again. The way she leaned back, crossing her arms over her chest, was enough to tell me she was holding something back. Being the gentleman that I am, I dismissed the topic, and picked right back up with our game.

That was hours ago, and I still couldn’t get her out of my mind. I was looking forward to this afternoon at the studio, knowing that she would be there too. The thought of seeing her again made me smirk stupidly, as Harry gave me a questioning look. I just chuckled softly, shaking my head in response.

 HAILEY’S POV:

As much as I enjoyed meeting up with Louis, I felt bad about not giving him the whole truth about my life. If he knew, I was almost positive that he wouldn’t want anything to do with me, which was reason enough to keep my mouth shut.

I was sitting in my business class, impatiently waiting for the class to be over with. I could feel Cameron’s hand wrapped tightly around my own. I wanted nothing more than to pull my hand out, and give him a good slap, but I knew that wasn’t an option.

Walking into class this morning, I took my usual seat, waiting for class to begin. Cameron came in behind me, pulling me into a rough hug, his hands uncomfortably on my waist. I pulled away, and looked him in the eye, asking him what this was all about.

He shrugged and gave me a wicked smile, and the next words that came out of his mouth made me want to  run away, and never look back.

“Since you owe me, you’re now mine.” Cameron said, a cocky smirk on his face.

I gasped, and tried to refuse, but knowing I had no choice. If I wanted this job, I would have to play by Cameron’s rules. Too bad I desperately needed this job.

Sitting there in class, I couldn’t help but think back to my past, reliving it silently in my head.

Back home, my father was always drunk. He would get home late at night, and would yell at my mum, which always ended in a fight. They would somehow find a way to drag me into the fight, and more than once, I ended up getting hurt, not just mentally, but physically as well.  I couldn't stand it, I was afraid to be in my own house, scared of my parents, and what they could do to me.... what they have done to me.

Since I was little, all I could remember was hiding under my bed, silently praying that the yelling, and crashing sounds would go away. 10 years later, now that i'm 19, nothing's changed. My mum was never much help, she never discouraged my dad from the things he's done, and she's never tried to help me once. More than once, my parents blamed me for everything that’s gone wrong. I remember when I was 14 and my father was furious at me for something I hadn’t done. He picked me up, and threw me across the room. I fell and hit my head hard on the wooden floor. He left me there, crying and in pain. That was the day I promised myself I would work hard in order to leave this life. I wasn’t going to shed another tear because of them. That was the last time I cried, 5 years ago.

I left my parents house when I was just 16, and went to live with my best friend Ariana. Ariana was 19 at the time, and looked after me. Ariana was a good friend. She had her own apartment, and let me stay with her. Ariana went to school, and worked, but after a while, I knew she wouldn't be able to support both of us.  My life only went downhill from there, as I had no money, and little belongings.

Now, i'm not proud of some of my decisions I made in the past, but at the time, it felt like they were the only choice I had. I was desperate for money, knowing that the only other option would be to move back in with my parents, which I wasn't going to do. I lied to Ariana, and told her that I had got a job at a local movie theatre, when in reality I got a job at a club. What the club manager told me was that I got the job as a dancer, however, I knew this was another way of saying I was a stripper.

 That was my life for the next 2 and a half years. I went to school during the day, studying my ass off, then I would leave at night, and work. I hated every minute I had to be on stage, dancing for money. The way the men looked at me, drunkenly putting their hands on me, it all made me cringe. As my time dancing on stage increased, many men would ask for private sessions, which to me, meant more money, so I agreed. I hated having a pair of filthy hands on me, while I put on my act. The only things that kept me together was knowing that I was doing this to get away from this life, I would leave as soon as I can. I knew Ariana would kill me if she found out what I was doing, but at the time, it all felt like the right choice.

That was about 6 months ago. I quit that damned club 6 months ago, when I got a letter for the full scholarship to this university in London. I left, knowing I was headed to a better place, and I promised myself that I would never go back to using my body in order to pay my bills.

But somehow, sitting here with Cameron's arm around me, brought back that numb feeling I got when working at the club. My head was spinning when I came to the realization that I was using my body, once again to keep this job, and as much as I hated it, I knew I would keep up with it.

___________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hey! Sorry this took so long to upload! been having trouble writing this part! but I think its pretty okay now. Im not sure where I want this story to go yet, but im sure it will turn out alright!

Fan, Vote Comment!

:)

xoxo