27. Remembrance

AMY'S MEMORIES: (PICKS UP RIGHT AFTER PROLOGUE)

"She-she's gone," I said, wiping away tears that I hadn't even realized had formed. "They killed her."

I couldn't believe it. The one person that had helped me, guided me, through this whole journey of running and hiding from the entire werewolf population died. I was still in complete and utter shock.

Jason's eyes were dark. "They are going to pay. Those witches are so going to pay for what they did to her, for trying to take you from me." His voice was deeper and colder than I had ever heard before. 

He grabbed me, pulling me flush against him. Then, he addressed his pack. "Take Martha back. We are going to have a proper burial soon. Prepare the warriors for battle. We are taking down those witches who think they can take our Luna!" A cheer went up.

I was numb. I put on a brave face, though. We weren't out of the woods yet. 

...

"Hand her over, or we will attack!" Across the clearing stood the witches, faces fierce as they watched us. They were just over the Silver Crescent Pack border. 

I was situated towards the back of the Pack. Despite telling Jason that I wanted to fight, he insisted I stay out of it. Rachel and I were warmed by how much he cared for us. If this fight was over me, though, I wanted to be the one to fight it. I didn't need everyone dying for me.

I could only hope that the witches backed down and left us alone.

But I doubted that, though, knowing that they already killed Martha without care. 

"We will not hand her over," Jason said, preparing to shift into Ethan, all of his emotion seeping into his voice. "You will never take my mate from me, the Luna from this pack. You'll have to come through us first."

"I really hoped you would cooperate, but it seems not. The hybrid will be coming with us, either way, though. Whether we have to slaughter you and your pack or not is all up to you, Alpha Jason. But remember this: she is a danger to all without the proper training. Without understanding exactly what she is. She could potentially kill all of you without knowing what she is doing at all.

"Stand down now, and she will be returned to you later."

"When?" Jason demanded. "If I were to hand her over to you now, how do I know you wouldn't lie? That you wouldn't take her and lock her away, never to let her return? How do I know that you won't keep her for your own selfish reasons?"

"We can't promise anything," the head witch spoke. "But no one will be harmed, including her, if you hand her over now."

"Over my dead body," Jason seethed.

"That can be arranged," the witch chuckled.

Without any warning, Jason and his men charged, shifting into their wolf forms. They were no match for the witches, though.

I watched in horror as the witches didn't even move a muscle, just muttered spells under their breath.

Jason and his wolves were stuck frozen, writhing in pain. I couldn't move, watching in horror as an unshifted wolf came out of nowhere, looking possessed with his red eyes, and dug a sword straight into Jason's chest. My mate let out a cry of pain.

His pain became my own, and with our connection, I could feel it through the bond. Rachel cried out to him and Ethan, trying, trying to get to him, to save him. Rachel fought for control, wanting to take down the witches before they could cause any more damage. 

The wolves, in a panicked frenzy, either continued to attack or ran askew, not knowing what to do with a fallen Alpha. I ran forward, using my body to shield my mate. My anger bubbled, realizing that in less than a few hours Martha had been killed and Jason had been severely injured. 

I couldn't believe the witches, that they'd actually do something like this just so that they could train a hybrid. Feeling my fury bubbling through me, I could feel heat light up my body, as I turned to face the moving line of witches as they advanced forward, deflecting each wolf's attack as they mumbled underneath their breath. 

As I glared at them, I could feel the heat fill my vision, before I heard the screaming. I looked up - really looked this time - to see that all of the grass around us had turned to flames, burning around the witches, eating up the land around them. They fell back, screaming. 

I ran forward, dropping to my knees beside Jason. I had no clue how to help Jason. I knew that he would heal faster than most with not only werewolf healing but Alpha healing as well. The wolf that had attacked him seemed to have vanished in the frenzy of wolves. Jason's wound was bubbled up on his chest, his fur matted with blood. He let out a low whine of pain.

Jason's wolves continued to rush past us, joining into the already frenzied fight. Grabbing Jason's arms, I tried to drag him out of the way as much as I could, channeling Rachel for strength. She cried in my mind, trying to reach out her wounded and almost unconscious mate. Normally, an Alpha or almost Alpha would have been able to bounce back from something like this. I knew that something had to have been at the end of that sword.

Something that was going to change the outcome of not only this battle but the rest of everyone's' lives...

...

Hey guys!

Sorry, this chapter is kind of short. I've been having writer's block lately - I don't know when the next chapter will be published.

Thank you to everyone who encouraged me to continue this book - it is what really inspired me to continue this chapter.

Hopefully, the next chapter will be up soon!

Don't forget to 

READ. COMMENT. VOTE!

-hexodus <3