20. Just Friends

AMY'S POV:

I sat back, slightly stunned at the memory. So Oscar and I had been friends until he dated Tracy and spilled what happened. What happened after that, I wasn't quite sure.

Oscar's eyes widen when he sees I'm awake. "A, what happened? One minute we were talking, and the next, you were out cold laying on the table?"

I could only stare at him. I had trusted this person at one time. And then after that, he had destroyed all my trust in him. 

"Please, Fireball, just talk to me," he said, reaching out to touch my hand. When I flinched away from contact, his expression grew hard. "What happened when you went out?"

I gulped. I shook my head. "Nothing," I croaked, my voice parched. He reached over and gave me a glass of water. "It just went black."

"Then what happened after I started dating Tracy?" He asked, an eyebrow raised. I wasn't quite sure what was going on, but I knew that he had to know something about my memory. Nothing concrete, but at least a hunch. 

Knowing that I needed to keep the fact that I didn't remember much on the down-low, I quickly answered.

"You told her all the information, everything I had trusted you with."

"And then?" he cocked an eyebrow.

I shook my head. My memory didn't travel that far, but I wasn't about to let them know that. "I don't want to talk about that."

Oscar's eyes blazed. All the time I had seen him, even in the few memories I had, I had never once seen him this angry. "What did they do to you?!" He asked, his voice gruff.

I blinked a few times, not expecting that response from him. "What do you mean?"

"Don't you remember anything?"

"I remember how we met. I remember trusting you with everything I had been through in my life. And then I remembered Tracy knowing everything the minute you were with her."

"What about after that? What about Violet?"

I gave him a questioning look. I remembered nothing about knowing Violet. What happened? Or was this all just a lie to throw me off track?

Seeing my confused composure, I watched as Oscar stood, pacing the room. "A, I knew something was off. The minute I saw you and didn't see a flash of recognition go through your eyes. When you brushed me off completely. Whatever bits you do remember, you don't have the full story."

I stayed silent and waited for him to continue. Deep down, I couldn't help but trust him. I knew that I didn't have all the pieces to memory - that was nothing new. 

"I did become friends with you, Fireball. We did share information, and up until a few months ago, I was up to date on what was going on with Jason, your wolf, and even what happened to your Aunt. I did start dating Tracy, and when I found out what she was doing to you, I immediately looked into it. 

"The minute I had seen how Tracy and her friends were treating you, I knew that someone else had to know besides you and me. I didn't tell her - I told you and you trusted me. We went searching, and..."

He pauses as the nurse walked in. "A, if you're feeling better, I recommend you head home. Staying here is going to exert too much energy, and you really need some rest."

I nodded, turning my attention back to Oscar. He turned to the nurse. "I think she'll just go back to class. Afterall, this is her first day, and she needs to be there to get all the work."

The lady gave him a sympathetic smile. "Oh, of course. Just make sure you take it easy, Sweetie. If you feel dizzy or any worse, just come right back here and let me know. I've got some potions that might be able to help."

Oscar gave her a smile and pulled me off the bed, my world spinning. He practically dragged me down the hallway until we got to an empty classroom, where he pushed me in. 

"We have to be careful where we talk - believe it or not, they have eyes and ears everywhere." He pulled us farther into the room, the light still off. I could make out his figure - it would have been a lot easier if I had Rachel, but I pushed those thoughts away for now. Currently, I needed to focus on the topic at hand - what I had forgotten. 

"What happened, though? If it wasn't you, then who told everyone about me?"

He ran a hand down his face, exhaling deeply. "You remember nothing, do you?"

I shook my head slightly, unsure if I was getting myself into a trap by speaking to him. "I remember pieces of the last two years, but nothing much. It's just a blank space that my brain skips over every time I try to think about it."

"Well, Violet was the one who was spreading things about you. I think it was mainly because she was jealous of the fact that you were excelling so quickly, that you were a hybrid - everything about you stood out as amazing, and she saw it as superior to her. She was trying to take you down every day of the week. I ended up dumping Tracy because no matter what I told her, she wouldn't leave you alone.

"So, imagine my surprise after you show up after I saw you in a few months and don't remember anything. And, you're hanging out with Violet, the girl that almost ruined your life here."

I let out a deep breath. Well, that was a lot to take in. I knew that Violet wasn't someone I particularly liked right now, but I didn't know that I didn't like her before when I actually knew what was going on.

"Well, that explains why I don't like her," I tried to joke, but failed. Everything was too raw, too real right now. "But you keep asking what 'they did to me' to make me lose my memory. It wasn't them. Rachel left - died, really - after being away from our mate, with the strain of everything happening. That event was so strong it caused all the recent memories of the last few years to disappear."

Oscar didn't look convinced, but he nodded.

The bell rang, signaling the end of the day. 

"Go home the way you were supposed to. Don't tell anyone you're talking to me, and don't mention anything I told you. Maybe we can create a plan to help you get your wolf back."

I couldn't help the grin on my face, and it stayed with me the entire way until I was in the car. 

"Well, someone is happy," Violet muttered and started driving the minute I closed the door.

But I ignored her. Because there was finally someone who listened to me. Someone who might just have the answer to everything I needed.

...

Hey guys!

I'm starting to get into the groove of updating. I will try to update next week as much as possible because, after Memorial Day, I'm going to be really busy and not able to update. 

Afterwards, though, I will have lots of new chapters being written!

So, do you think Amy can trust Oscar?

What would you do if you were her shoes?

Let me know what you think!

Don't forget to

READ. COMMENT. VOTE!

-hexodus :D