True Intentions -pt.4-

He watched the enslaved men and women make last minute preparations to the bombed out citadel below, " To think in all but two years, a few mere swipes of the pendulum. I was able to rip this word from the brittle grips of the Imperium, for my gods own ambitious purposes." Dylanous thought a slight smirk growing from the edge of his mouth. " That was only the first phase of their elusive plans. But I am only a servent, I do not dare question their actions. Now for the second phase."

     Dylanous was aware of Trevok's presence before he entered the room. Now the planetary govenor stepped out onto the balcony and joined his asistent. The night air's tempature quickly dropped as he did, " Tell me Dylanous what are we currently working on?" Trevok asked curiously.

     Dylanous moked the ignorant govenor is his head as he turned to face him, " This war will not be won with just man alone, we need the asistance of outside forces." He said plainly.

     " Ah, yes good." Trevok stated baffled by his asistent's words, 

     " In order to gain favor of the the dark gods we must sacrifice many in their names." Dylanous said with an ominous smile " Your blood shall be the first to be spilled..." 

     Trevok turned to question Dylanous's words but he was to late, Trevok turned to meet Dylanous's dagger as it was violently rammed into his stomach. Warm blood began to spill onto Dylanous's hand as he tightened his grip on the handle of the blade and twisted it. " You see Trevok without you, all of my efforts to steal this world away from Imperial rule would have been in vein." Dylanous said comfortingly as he rested Trevok up against the balcony's railing. " And even the manipulated and pathetic blood of foolish mortals who choose to trust agents of chaos like myself, like your own is beneficial to the dark god's cause."

    The dying govonoer tried feebly to manage some type of communication but was cut short as Dylanous grabbed hold of Trevok's carapace chest plating and hefted the dying govenor over the edge of the balcony. " Die well!" Dylanous bellowed as he casted the dying govenor out into open air.

     Trevok's body crashed down onto the surface of the citidel with a sickening crunch of bone, a pool of warm blood quickly surrounded it. It's appearence shocked and frightened the enslaved still in the chamber, all looked up to see Dylanous leaning against the railing of the blacony glaring down onto Trevok's corpse. " What becomes of a puppet when it has completed it's purpose?" He asked within his mind " When a puppet has completed it's task, cut it's rigging."

     His answer to his own question brought a sickly smile to his face as he imagined severed strings all about Trevok's corpse. Dylanous turned his gaze now on the witnesses with the citidels chamber. " Know this! What will come to pass is no longer war! It is endless sacrifice in their names. Blood for the Dark Gods... Let the universe drown in it!" Dylanous adressed " Guards! bring forth the slaves and commense the sacrificing!" 

     Dylanous turned and walked away from the balcony as gunfire and screams filled the newly built sacrificial chamber, cackling at the thought of Trevok's severed rigging once more.

     Ryel released the bolt on his rifle expending a smoking brass casing, the remnent of his target's upper body was now splattered across the ruined side of what used to be a adminustraition building.

     " Overwatch to prowler-one, path is clear. Green light for movement." Ryel advised.

     " Roger Overwatch, Prowler-one moving out." Creed replied.

     Ryel panned left, scanning the rest of the urban battlescape searching for potential threats to mission security. His eye picked up clear movement through one of the abandoned streets. Two heretics most likely a patrol closing in on Prowler-four's position.