Chapter 2: La Iglesia

[ c h a p t e r  2 ]

Kelsey

"So... you're just letting us go?" Scott asked confused.

"I sent four men out to where Kate was rumored to have been seen. None of them came back. Let's see if you can do better." Araya smirked.

"You could' ve just told me she was alive." He said to her.

"You wouldn't have believed me. Now I know what kind of Alpha you are. And where your next step lies." She explained.

"What next step?"

"When you take the bite of an innocent, when you make a wolf of your own, when you do that, then, I will cross your border and come knocking at your door." She then left.

"So what now?" Stiles asked.

"She thinks she knows where we can find Derek." Scott told us.

"She gonna tell us where?" I said confused.

.

"Uh, actually, she's giving us a guide." I looked at him but then someone came to us in a motocycle.

It was Braeden.

"You know her?" Malia talked.

"Braeden." Scott introduced her.

"Who's Braeden?" Kira asked.

"She's a mercenary." I told her.

"Right now, I'm the only one who's gonna take you to la iglesia." Braeden finally said.

"The Church?" Lydia asked her and then looked at me.

"What's The Church?" Stiles asked too.

"It's not a place you'll find God." Braeden answered them.

*****

We were now in Stiles' jeep driving to "la iglesia".

"Okay, I'll ask. Who's Kate Argent?" Malia spoke. Gosh, we're friends and I understand she has spent half of her life as a coyote but sometimes she's just so rude.

"Uh, I'd like to know, too." Kira said shyly.

"Well, we were at her funeral. So, I'd like to know how she got out of a casket that was buried six feet underground." Stiles made his point.

"She was never in it." Stiles corrected him.

"She was Allison's aunt." Lydia explained.

"And a total sociopath." I added.

"You don't have to talk about it now if you don't want to." Kira told Scott.

"Um, yes, he does." Malia said rudely. Told ya she was rude sometimes.

"Yeah, she's right. You guys should know." Scott started. "You need to know. All right. Kate was the one who set the fire that killed most of Derek's family. Some of them survived, like Cora, and Peter."

"A very angry Peter." Lydia added.

"Yeah, he's the one who bit and turned me." He continued.

"And the one who finally caught up to Kate and killed her." I finished the sentence.

"And we saw her buried." Stiles added too.

"No." Scott corrected him, again."We saw a casket, remember? She wasn't in it. The Calaveras heard that Kate had been killed by an Alpha's claws. They wanted to make sure she was really dead. Her body was healing. More and more, as she got closer to a full moon. She was coming back.So they switched out the bodies. If a hunter is bit, they have to take their own life before they change. The Calaveras, they treat the code like law. They make it their responsibility to enforce it." Scott finished.