Jake

We all come up from underwater, rubbing our eyes and laughing. We all look at each other, smiling faces all around.

I turn to Rich and he is full on belly laughing. His laugh is cute. Full of life and energy.

Shit. I'm staring. Hey, He was staring at me earlier. It's only fair if I stare back. Right?

IS THAT WHAT A NORMAL HUMAN DOES!?

Well, we all climb up onto the dock. Fuck stairs, right. Wait, dock? Deck? Who gives a shit!? They're the same.

Everyone splits into their own group.

Out of the corner of my eye I see Michael creeping up on Christine. Ohhhh Yeah!!

I turn around, watching as Michael shoves Christine into the water. Full force.

He was laughing so hard I thought he was going to fall off.

Rich and I snickered along with everyone else on the dock. Even the girls were giggling and they would kill anyone who dared to hurt their precious Christine.

She climbed back up onto the platform to face a howling Michael. Mell thought this was so funny.

"WHAT THE HELL MICHAEL!? WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM!?" She screamed, hands balled into fists at her sides.

Michael didn't seem intimidated or scared in the least. "Please, Christine. It was funny. Everyone laughed. Raise your hand if you laughed."

Everyone on the dock proceeded to raise their hand, an uncomfortable look on their faces. Nobody liked it when they fought like this.

"I thought you guys were my friends!!" She growled.

"Yeah. You thought." He shot back, folding his arms across his chest.

Jeremy looked the most uncomfortable out of all of us. "I-uhh.. Guys!" He managed to spit out.

Christine and Michael both looked at Jeremy but Chris was the first to speak.

"Jeremy!! Michael's always so mean to me! Tell him to stop." She whined, eyebrows upturned.

Michael was ready to stand up for himself. He always was. "Jeremy. I've been your best friend for thirteen years. Remember everything you've told me over soda, pizza, and video games. You're not happy. You never were!!" He yelled, looking so sure of himself.

Jeremy looked between them.

The girls, Rich, and I were incredibly silent. No one wanted to be a part of this.

Jeremy nervously looked between the two of them. His eyes always seemed to soften when he looked at at the red clad boy, and fill with an unrecognized emotion when he looked at the dramatic girl.

He sighed, the tension dissipating from his shoulders. The stress held in those skinny little arms seemed to transfer to everyone else. Including Michael and Christine.

"Christine. I think we need to talk." At that, the skinniest teen jumped off the dock and started swimming for shore.

The moment those words escaped from Jeremy's lips everyone collectively sighed. We all knew this was coming.

Christine looked around at the faces of her friends before slipping off and following her soon-to-be-ex-boyfriend.

Our eyes landed on Michael who looked fucking ecstatic. It was like Christmas in July for him.

"Guys.. I think.. I'm going to ask Jeremy out today!!"

Chloe and Brooke screamed. Jenna let out the biggest fucking gasp.