Beautifully Terrifying: Chapter Three

Sorry I took so long! My vacation lasted a week, as next week will be the same. Dedicated to ^^ for being a really supportive fan. And a huge thanks to everyone else that does read and support BT, I wouldn’t be able to do it without you guys!

Oh, and Areanya is pronounced  A-rein-e-ya.

Also, this is my longest chapter, and it is a bit pointless, but I have no intention of ending this story anytime soon. In fact I am estimating it to be around thirty or so parts, plus a sequel.

Haha, well I definitely need to slow down my thinking, so here’s the next chapter!^^

Also, the next chapter is where it gets juicy;)

Chapter Three

I nearly toppled over the stool, but thankfully Thalia caught me before my weak body made an impact on the wooden floor.

I couldn’t peel my eyes away from my reflection, even after my sudden outburst. My usual limp, greasy hair was now long and luscious stopping just past my breast. My sickly pale tone now held a new soft glow, radiating my now womanly features.

“Madam, are you alright?” Thalia asked greatly concerned.

My trance was broken as I looked into her worried eyes. An unfamiliar feeling of giddiness glided through my stomach. The spell, it had worked! The witch had made me beautiful, she had done it!

I grinned hesitantly, showing a set of perfectly straightened teeth. “Yes, sorry. I just remembered something from my past.”

She smiled sympathetically brushing through my now long, silky hair. She obviously was thinking of how I was found. I wonder if the witch had anything to do with my strange position.

“Thalia, where did the Prince and his men find me?” I asked, not making eye contact with her in the mirror.

“They found you at the edge of the grounds, near the woods to be exact. It’s a dangerous place, you know. It’s rumored to hold a vile witch with a taste for revenge.” She said, obviously reciting what the other servants had been gossiping about.

I gulped, knowing exactly who she was talking about. Revenge, why would she want revenge? Apparently, she hadn’t noticed my inner turmoil as she continued on with her tall tale. “No one knows exactly what happened, but-“

She was cut off by a womanly voice. “Thalia, don’t scare the poor child. She doesn’t need any more nightmares with your foolish stories.”

Thalia ducked her head; her cheeks turning to a shade of bright pink. In the mirror, I could see an elderly lady approach us. Instantly, I knew who it was. 

Katharine was her name. She was the most respected maid in the castle. So much in fact, she was in charge of all the servants and maids. It was a very wanted job, especially since she cleaned the Prince’s quarters.

 I had barely ever had any encounter with her, but when I did it wasn’t pleasant. She was very upfront with her demands and very impatient as well. I really hope she doesn’t recognize me, or I would have a lot of explaining to do. 

Her scornful face softened when she met mine. “I am truly sorry for what you have gone through miss. The Prince himself sent me up here to get you ready. Wanted you to look your best, he did.”

My stomach tingled excitedly. The Prince, he had acknowledged me? He wanted me to look my best? My dream had already started coming true.

  I smiled giddily at her. “Thank you very much.”

Thalia stepped to the side letting Katharine directly behind me. “No need to thank me, milady, thank the Prince.”

It didn’t take long for her to doll me up; there wasn’t too much to be done. There was complete silence while she worked; even Thalia had quit her chattering to watching contently, as if she was learning from her.