Beautifully Terrifying: Chapter Two

Writing long chapters for this story is quite hard because I have so many ideas, but they just can't all fit together... so I tried to make this as long as I could! Dedicated to ^^ for being such a sweetheart! Also, not much going on in this chapter, but I do try my best to make it interesting!

Chapter Two

Time unfroze as my agonizing screams rang throughout the cold, dead night.

The witch was long gone, but the persistant storm and the harsh wind had remained. My whole body felt as if it was being ripped apart, my insides burning.

The rain was the only thing that had taken pity on me, for it had nearly stopped drenching my already soaked clothes.

I couldn't even think coherently as my bones broke one after the other. My bodies' only movement was a slight twitch when a bone would crack. 

The sickening crack that stung my ears, while my eyes had a steady stream of tears dripping down my face.

This was how I was going to pass.

No one would remember me, not even my true love. I will be but a distant memory, never once surfacing the minds of the people of England.

With that last thought, the final bone cracked. It was my spinal cord, and as it broke in half, I screamed in agony for one last time.

My eye lids were heavy, my mouth as dry as cotton. Suddenly, my body lurched forward at break neck speed. I could feel fur in between my fingers, and the very last thing I remember was a hunger. A taste for something so vile and disgusting.

A taste for blood.

"Is that a naked woman in the brush?" A masculine voice echoed.

The pain, there was so much pain. My stomach felt like it was scratched to bits, and my arm felt like it was detached from my shoulder.

If this was what death felt like, I surely wasn't in God's palace. Although, I had no idea what I had done to be in the Devil's den.

"My god, there is! Quick, she has been injured!" Another masculine, yet familiar voice called.

There was a loud thump before the rush of footsteps towards me. Soft material covered my shivering body from the harsh dew of the morning. Suddenly, I was lifted up in the air by strong arms, but my eyelids seemed to be stuck, for they were not giving into my brain's demands to open to see my knight in shining armor.

As I slipped into the deep abyss, I could faintly hear a hoarse whisper from the familiar voice.

"She is beautiful."

Consciousness was something I had not the joy of knowing for quite some time now. My mind was in a dreary state, not comprehending all the damage my body had undergone. I had finally realized I was not dead, but in a gray limbo of a state.

I often heard the rustle of clothing or the tap of impatient feet, but all other noises were blocked from my ears. After what felt like an eternity, my eyelids finally fluttered to life.

The very first thing I noticed was the familiar face of the maiden woman Thalia. She was a servant, but I had never spoken to her. She was quite beautiful with her long dark hair and tanned skin, I was deeply jealous of her natural beauty.

I looked around the room to see that I wasn't in the servant room, rather a very expensive looking one. I was currently laying in a large maroon bed that was next to a small bedside table with a flickering candle on it.

The room was one of many luxuries, nothing like my normal living quarters.

Thalia's face suddenly lightened with a heart-warming smile as she realized I had woken. "Oh, you are awake!"