17 - Abominable Snowman

Why do I gett this feeling that tonight is going to be a very long night? I thought of going back to see how Isaac was doing, but I had no way back. Besides, the guys will probably need me. I've been told that I'm pretty good at figuring things out. Maybe I can help them. 

   The four of us file into the police station. The only person behind the counter is a female deputy. Mr. Stilinski walks up to the counter, leaning on it. Scott, Stiles, and I stand behind him.

   "It's two in the morning." The deputy tells Mr. Stilinski. 

   Mr. Stilinski sighs, hanging his head for a second. "Believe me, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't extremely important."

   "We look at he hospital stuff first, okay?" Stiles whispers. 

   "Why?" Scott asks with Mr. Stilinski's back still to us.

   "Because all the murders were committed by Jackson, except for one, you remember?" 

   "The pregnant girl, Jessica."

   "Yeah. Since Matt had to kill her himself, somebody from the hospital could've seen him." 

   I shake my head once. "Who could kill someone?"

    Stiles was right when he said they would let his dad back in. The deputy only thought about it for a second before waving us through. Mr. Stilinski leads us to his old office and sat down in his desk chair. He pulls something up on his computer. I lean up against the nearest wall, arms crossed. Surveillance videos from the hospital play on the computer.

   "I don't know, guys. I mean, look at this. There was a six car pileup that night, the hospital was jammed." Mr. Stilinski waves his hand at the computer screen.

   "All right, just keep going. Look, he had to have passed one of the cameras on that floor to get to Jessica, okay? He's gotta be on the footage somewhere." Stiles leans over his dad's shoulder to see the screen better.

   I watch the screen over Stiles' shoulder. Nurses and doctors pass by in the hallway, but no one that looks like Matt. A guy walks through the hallway next with a leather jacket on. "Wait! Stop!" I point at the screen. The three of them spin to look at me. "Did you see that? Scroll back."

   They roll the clip back until the guy is next to an older man in a plaid robe. "That's him! That's Matt!"

   "All I see is the back of someone's head." Mr. Stilinski scrunches his face up, not believing us.

   "Matt's head, yeah. I sit behind him in history. He's got a very distinct cranium, it's weird." Stiles makes a face as he moves his right hand by his head. He talks with his hands quite a bit.

   "Are you crazy?" Mr. Stilinski whirls around. 

   "All right, fine, then look at his jacket, huh? How many people do you know who wear black leather jackets?" Stiles asks a rather dumb question. Honestly, a lot of people wear leather jackets. Has he not seen everyone in Derek's pack besides me? 

   "Millions, literally."

  "Okay, can we scroll forward? There's gotta be a shot of him coming at one of the cameras." I suggest, resting my hands on the desk in between Stiles and Scott. 

   The screen switches to a new part of the hospital. Matt walks into view and stops when a nurse approaches him. 

   "Right there! Stop, stop! See, there he is again." Stiles motions to Matt on the screen. 

   "You mean there's the back of his head again." Mr. Stilinski stubbornly replies.

   "Okay, but look. He's talking to someone."

   "He's talking to my mom." Scott breathes. He quickly pulls his phone out of his pocket, dialing his mom.