11 - Detention

Stepping over a small rod of metal in the middle of the once active subway, I trail behind Erica, the last one in the line formed behind Derek. Last night, Derek took off after the kanima, only to have Scott and Stiles get to it first. He's been wracking his head for any signs that can tell him who the kanima is. 

   Erica and Isaac were fine after their bodies were able to move again from being paralyzed. Isaac had a few cuts, but they healed immediately. While, Derek was trying to put everything together, I was being trained by the rest of them. My training isn't as hardcore as theirs is and they do go a lot easier on me. Lately, I've been feeling like I'm the runt of the pack. 

   They've been teaching me how to fight in case I'm ever put in that kind of situation. Hopefully, that never happens. Derek told us to stop a few minutes when I had just succeeded for the first time to fight back against Erica. 

   "So, why do we need their help?" Isaac asks from up ahead.

   "Because it's harder to kill than I thought and I still don't know who it is." Derek states, stepping through one of the doors and onto solid ground. 

   I step out of the subway, following the three of them. "And, they do?"

   "They might." Derek looks back at the three of us. "Which is why I need one of you to get on their good side."

   Erica smiles as I catch up with her. "Mm. Scott or Stiles?"

   Derek gives her a sarcastic look. "Either."

   "You could have Chloe do it." Erica straightens out the cuffs on her jacket. "She's so innocent and cute that they wouldn't be able to resist to tell her all of their secrets."

   "Was that-?"

   "Yes, it was a compliment." Erica cuts me off. 

   "You know, the full moon's coming, Derek." Isaac stands behind him. 

   The three of them have  been worried about the full moon. I can't transform into a wolf, which, hopefully, means I have nothing to worry about. Becoming a werewolf is not something  I think I can handle. I'm barely handling that I'm a freaking hybrid. The only hybrid to exist. 

   Derek bends over to unlock some kind of chest. "I'm aware of that." He flips the lid up and pulls out a weird harness. 

   Erica reaches in to pull out another one with chains dangling off of it. "Oh my, these look comfortable."

   Derek takes it out of her hand, setting it on the ground. Does he plan to tie them up like wild dogs? Some of these harness have spikes on them. They could seriously get hurt. 

   Isaac stuffs his hands in his jean's pockets. "You said you were gonna teach us to change whenever we wanted."

   "There hasn't been time." Derek keeps pulling different kind of restraints out of the chest.

   "But if you have to lock us up during the full moon, that means - that means you're alone against the Argents."  Isaac worriedly glances at me. He's scared. I can hear it in his voice. 

   "They haven't found us." Derek walks away from the three of us.

   "Yet! So how about we forget the kanima?" Isaac asks, staring down at the chest.

   Derek turns around "We. Can't!" He breathes out, calming down. "There was something about the way Gerard looked at it. He wasn't afraid - at all. I don't know what he knows or what he's planning. But I'm sure about one thing. We have to find it first."