1.3

Lay me down- Sam Smith

Stop staring

Mona was finally coming back to school

Mona was finally coming back to school. It's been two weeks since the death of her best friend.

She has dreaded this day; she wasn't ready for the pity looks or the fake sympathy. All she wanted was Jeff, but that's to much to ask for.

When she walked in the entrance the halls were completely silent, she's never heard a silence quite this loud. As she made her way down the hall, people began to whisper.

About the girl who's best friend is dead.

She shook her head as she quickly walked to her locker opening it and placing her correct books in her bag, ignoring the looks of her and Jeff's friends as she silently prayed the ground would swallow her whole.

She turned and continued her lonely journey to her first period before she paused in front of Jeff's locker.

Tears filled her eyes as she sees all the flowers and balloons placed around the locker. Pictures of her and Jeff scattered across his locker, some of the baseball team filled the spaces between.

She grew angry. How dare this piece of shit world take him? She let out a cry as she reached forward and grabbed a picture of them. It was freshman year and they had just won their very first game, both with the biggest smiles anyone has ever seen.

She ripped it in half before tossing it to the floor. She grabbed another. One of her with Scott and Jeff. She misses Scott so much.

"Baby." Scott walked up behind her and gently wrapped his arms around her waist as he tried to pull her away from the locker and stop her from ripping the last remaining pictures that escaped her wrath.

The jocks winced as she let out a tortured cry as she swiped the rest of the things to the floor. They respected Jeff, he was a great friend and no matter what they would say to Mona, they all cared about the sweet girl.

Clay bit his lip and squeezed his eyes shut, closing the locker and watching from afar.

Jess and Alex wanted to run up to their friend and tell her everything was going to be ok, even if it wasn't. Before they could, they realized they haven't been much of a friend lately and decided to stay put.

Sheri refused to look, she couldn't look at her friend knowing she could've prevented this from happening.

Hannah was frozen at the end of the hall. Watching her fall apart in front of everyone. It was one of the hardest things she had to watch in her whole life. She couldn't believe she took part of the broken look on her best friends face. She never meant for this to happen, she tried. Doesn't that count for something? Anything?

"Mo," Scott backed up and she fell to her knees "I know, I know."

She gasped for breath as she looked up and saw the pity looks from strangers in the hall, exactly what she was wanting to avoid. But with a scene like that..