Part 11

-Hannah-

I felt so nervous I was sick. I finally decided what to wear, skinny jeans, a band tee, converses, and my monster hoodie. Then I started on my stupid hair! I straightened it and put in my favorite clip that had a cute bow on it and placed my bangs so that they lay perfectly. I put on thick eye liner and some lip gloss to finish. I looked in the mirror for any imperfections. Well, good enough... I walked back into my room to find my favorite bag and couldn't find it. When in doubt, look under the bed! I found it shoved under there next to a pile of socks and a t-shirt. I shoved my stuff into the bag and straightened up my hair again. I sat in my butterfly chair, my heart thudding in my ears. Shouldn't he be here already? I hope he doesn't stand me up! He probably will! I'm not that pretty anyways... Oh no! I started to fell sick again! I don't want to smell like throw up! Yuck! As I was ranting in my head I heard a faint knock at the door. My heart skipped a beat. It must be him! I rushed out of my room to get the door, but my mom got it first! Thank god my dad isn't home yet! She opened the door and Alexander walked in. Oh no, this is going to be bad!

"Hello, my name is Alexander." He said smiling and reaching out his hand for a hand shake. He was wearing black skinny jeans and a band tee that was tight enough to see that he had hidden muscles and a black and grey scarf. He was so hot that I had to look away, but it was really hard not to drool.

"Well, hello. I'm Char!" My mom said smiling. Thank good she put away her guns. My mom collects them... "So... where are you guys going to be going today?" my mom asked like we did this everyday.

" Well... I was thinking that we would go out to dinner somewhere and then see a movie..." He replied with his soft voice.

"Okay, but you have to have her home by 11" She said. Why was she acting all cool about this? She's so weird.

"Okay then! Bye!" I said hastily. I rushed over and opened the door and led Alexander out the door. I think my mom said something, but I wasn't paying attention because I'm sure it was something embarrassing. Alexander walked around me and opened the door for me.

"You look beautiful." He whispered into my ear as I got in his car. I blushed even more than I did before. He got into the car too and we started to drive away. An awkward silence took over the car.

"So where do you want to eat?" he asked breaking the silence.

"Ummm... wherever you want to eat..." I said unsure. He looked puzzled like he had no clue where to go. Oh yeah! He probably doesn't know many restaurants since he's new. "Ummm... I do like the Chinese restaurant on Main Street..." I said.

"Okay, we'll go there!" He said smiling, probably happy that he didn't have to decide that himself.

When we got there he opened the door for me again. He's such a gentleman. We walked over and sat at a booth and an older Chinese woman walked over to order our drinks. She only asked Alexander because everyone here already knows what I get to drink, since my dad and I are regulars.

"I always get the buffet..." I said and he nodded in return. I set down my bag and walked over to get food. I felt the sick feeling return, and I lost my appetite. I filled my plate anyways and walked back to the booth sitting down. Alexander came back with a plate that matched mine exactly. Were we very similar or has he never had cheap Chinese before? I got a pair of chopsticks and started eating. Alexander copied me, but he couldn't figure out how to use to chopsticks. I giggled.

"What?" He said frowning at the piece of chicken that he almost got.

"Oh, nothing..." I said laughing a little loader. "Why don't you use a fork" I said handing him a set of silverware.

"Thanks!" He said smiling. As he was grabbing it our hands touched and electricity passed through me. I blushed and looked down at my plate.

We sat in silence until we finished eating and he paid the bill. Oh no, this isn't going well! Maybe he's getting bored... When we got to the car he finally spoke.

"Do you know what movie you want to see?" he asked.

"I don't know... I'll watch any moving you pick, since I got to pick where to eat!" I said.

"Okay... we'll see what's playing." He said and we were both silent again. When we got the theater, there was some horror moving playing so we decided on that. Alexander got some popcorn and drinks and we went and sat down. The moving started very shortly. I didn't really like scary movies.

The movie was scarier than I thought. I hid my eyes on Alexander's shoulder. He grabbed my hand and gave it a squeeze letting me know that he was there for me. I sat through the rest or the movie, not even paying attention. The electric current flowing threw my body from his hand was calming. I wanted to be closer to him. To know more about him... but I am too shy. When the movie was over, Alexander drove me home with more awkward silence. Question bubbled up to my lips, but for some reason I couldn't say anything. When we got to my house I looked at Alexander and he looked back. His deep blue eyes looking back at my plain brown eyes.

"I..." I started, but couldn't finish.

"I had a nice time!" He said looking away. I don't know how that's possible... It was quiet and awkward the whole time. Well except for the movie.

"Me too!" At the movie theater I added mentally. He turned back toward me and started to lean forward like he was about to kiss me. I leaned forward slowly and closed my eyes ready for the kiss, when I felt his warm lips on my cheek. MY CHEEK? My eyes flashed open as I blushed. He chuckled.

"I'll see you at school tomorrow!" He said as I got out of his car. Was he messing with me? Maybe even the whole time... Maybe he was doing this all for fun... Tears stung my eyes, but I blinked them back. This was probably the worst first date ever! I walked into the house, took off my shoe and went straight to bed. I didn't even change my clothes.