[10] Mission

"So I'm not going on the mission with Team 7?" Kagami asks the Hokage.

"No you won't. If I am not mistaken I would say you wanted to go with the team." He answers.

"It's the most desirable opportunity to kill them and blame it on Kakashi." Everyone in the room sweatdrops at the girl and her reasoning.

'Definitely not going on a mission with Team 7.' The Hokage muses in his mind.

"You are to watch the group Akutsuki without being seen. We are to believe that they have been hired in the land of the wave. If you run into Team 7 you are welcome to help them." Kagami gives a nod and disappears out of the office.

s.h.o.u.t.

She jumps through the trees silently as she zones in on her target. A black crow, which perches itself next to her every time she stops moving.

It would disappear and then reappear moments later.

It disappears once again, but this time it doesn't reappear, but Kagami doesn't fault. She continues through the trees until she stops outside a large boulder looking place.

She stays in the trees for a while, watching for any movement.

"It seems to me that this base is empty." She whispers to herself.

She moves out of the tree, silently landing on the ground.

"Masaru, scout around the base. Do not be seen." The wolf does as told and walks off slowly.

"Kagami, someone is watching us. You know that right?" Masaru questions his master.

"Yes I do know. They aren't exactly good at hiding their presence." She replies, only flickering her eyes to him.

Masaru sighs and continues on his way and out of sight. Just as Kagami moves to the left, the opposite of Masaru, a snap sends out a warning.

Kagami steps to the right before turning around. She watches as a black and red flash passes to her right, giving her face a shallow cut.

Her eyes widen as the blood travels down her cheek and soaks into her mask.

She turns just in time to grab a hand and twists the persons hand around 180 degrees. She looks up and meets the eyes of Itachi Uchiha.

"A traitor and a S-Rank criminal huh?"

"The daughter of a traitor and S-Rank criminal."

Kagami raises her eyebrows.

"My father was not a traitor, he simply cared for people." With that Kagami released him and jumped away in the trees.

She lets out a whistle to call for Masaru. He appears next to her and jumps through the trees next to her.

"It seems the person watching us was Itachi Uchiha." Kagami says to him in a low voice.

"Hm? Really? I thought he would have been long gone by now. But I have a score to settle with that brat." Masaru growls through his words.

"Do it later."

"Will do."

s.h.o.u.t.

"Kakashi-senei!" The Genin watch as their sensei falls to the ground tiredly.

"Huh? The Sharigan takes a large tolls on its host, but it would be even worse for a non-Uchiha to do the same. It's taking a toll on his body." Sakura crouches next to her sensei.

"SASUKE! GET HIS FEET! I'LL TAKE HIS ARMS!"

"Stop shouting idiot."

"I'm not an idiot, believe it!"

"I don't believe it."

"Why is he unconscious? I thought this was a C-Rank mission?" The team and Tazuna turn to face a tired Kagami.

"Kakashi-sensei said the mission has been raised to a B—even A-Ranked mission. Believe it!" Kagami stares at Naruto before shifting her gaze to an uncomfortable Tazuna.

"I knew you were lying to us." Kagami announces simply before crouching next to her brother.

She checks her vitals as Sakura just insults her.

"There is nothing you can do. He needs a doctor, not some wannabe medical ninja." Kagami doesn't even look at Sakura as she hauls up her brother and places him over her left shoulder.

She walks away from the group and in the direction of the village. She stops for a second and tilts her head slightly to look at the group.

"I don't want to be a medical ninja." The group stares as she turns back and continues walking. "I am one."

s.h.o.u.t.

"Tsunami-san? Do you have any bandages?" Kagami holds a wet tissue to her face, slowly stopping the bleeding from her face.

"Yes I do, give me a second." Tsunami rushes into the next room and goes to look for her bandages.

"Kagami? Will Kakashi-sensei be okay?" Kagami looks down at Naruto.

"He won't die." She answers, purposely trying to scare the Genin.

All three of them noticeably pale at the statement.

"But he won't be permanently damaged? Or hurt? Or mute?" Sakura fidgets with her fingers.

"Maybe. If you had helped more he might of been fine." Kagami couldn't lie.

She loved watching the Genin face go even paler and worried.

"Now that I think about it, he might die."

"WAHHH! KAKASHI-SENSEI! I'M SORRY! BELIEVE IT!" Naruto starts to formally bow dramatically, purposely smacking his head against the floor.

Tears stream down his face and Sakura collapses into her seat.

"What are you sorry about Naruto?" The room turns to a wobbly Kakashi standing in the kitchen doorway.

"SENEI! I'M SORRY! PLEASE DON'T DIE!" Naruto runs up to Kakashi and hugs the life out of him.

"Naruto I might die if you keep hugging me." Kakashi plucks Naruto off him and sets him down in his chair.

"You ruined my fun." Kagami says to her brother in a flat tone.

"Kagami! You lied to us! Kakashi-sensei she told us you were going to die! And that you would be mute! Blind! And damaged!" Sakura yells dramatically.

"You said that, not me. I don't even think being blind was an option." Kagami says monotonously.

"Wah! Kakashi-sensei! Don't die! I'm sorry!"

"I'm not going to die Naruto."

"But Kagami said—you lied to us! Believe it!"

"We already had this conversation Naruto."

"WHAT!"

s.h.o.u.t.

~shadow