Chapter 10

Ishida Shouya POV:
Suddenly, I was intercepted by Akihiko. He came In and signed without glancing at me "So there you are, Nishimiya why didn't you tell me you wanted to go to Tokyo to study hairdressing. My cousin lives there, I could have arranged something for you". It took me a moment for his words to catch up to me and procure some meaning In my brain. What's he trying to do, Is he trying to make some acquaintance with her through his cousin...over my dead body. I stole a glance at Nishimiya and saw a look of shock register on her features. She signed to him "Oh.... I'm sorry, you are mistaken I'm not going to Tokyo" but Akihiko signed "Why are you listening to Ishida?" I was surprised and felt embarrassed as to what he just said. Nishimiya signed "I didn't want to leave my family behind and I don't think It was safe for me to go there that's why" "Don't worry, I will tell my cousin to take care of you and together you will be safe, right?" .  after he said that he stared at me and signed "Why did you let her be like that this is her choice her life, not yours I think this will be best for her." I was shocked and saw him sign to Nishimiya "Have a think about that, let's go everyone is waiting for you" I saw Nishimiya sign to me "Are you okay?" I signed "I'm fine let's go and order something I'm hungry" As we left the room and we met them and everyone came to greet Nishmiya but Nagatsuka came to me "Where did you go?" "Oh....." I was about to say something but I was too busy staring at Nishimiya and thinking about what Akihiko just said a few moments ago. She wouldn't accept his offer...would she."What would you like to eat?". I was looking at Nishimiya when Akihiko suddenly faced me with a hard look on his face, his eyes felt like they were looking through me pinpointing every flaw. He suddenly voiced "Your concern for Nishimiya is going to suffocate her, lay off her case for a while, ok." What the hell did he just say to me. .. who did he think he was, he only knew Nishimiya for less than a day and he was already acting as he knew her. I'm pretty sure my thoughts showed on my face. "And you think you know all about... You've known her for like..how many hours...oh yeah that's right less than two. So I think that hardly justifies your need to give me your Input In my life." I turned and walked away from him. I went back to the table and took my place next to Nishimiya. I ordered myself a coke and ramen. Our table was located right against the wall and two booths surrounded It on either side. Akihiko slid Into the booth opposite Nishimiya. He was staring at her, but why?. I looked at Nishimiya and she was deep in thought, there was a deep crease In between her eyebrows and was that... Eyebags... why did she have eye bags, what happened to cause her soo much stress? Then I remembered our fight. A rush of guilt flooded through me and suddenly I knew what I must do. I looked at her, placing my hand on her shoulder and said softly.
"Nishimiya, I think you should consider Akihiko's offer, I think It will really benefit you" The words were choking me as I said them but I knew that was the only way to redeem myself. I felt a warm hand being places on mine. Nishimiya had curled her hand around my fingers. I looked at her and there was a soft expression on her face. She signed "Don't worry, I wasn't planning to go, I thought about It for a long time but I think what's best for me Is staying here. It's true what you said and going to another city and living there is easier said than done." Kawai suddenly said, "Are we Intruding". I blushed and said, "No, It's nothing important". Akihiko passed Nishimiya a drink and I saw him sign "Tell me about your family?...........or wait do you have a boyfriend?" as soon I heard It I was surprised and saw Nishimiya blush and signed "No!, and I live with my mum and my little sister Yuzuru" Akihiko signed "Oh....what about your dad?" her dad I really didn't ask her about her dad I mean I had never seen him. Why did I never think to ask her about her dad? A thought of uncertainty went through..was I really not that close with her.  Nishimiya face was cast down as If she didn't want to recall the memory. Later I would ask her why. I moved my mouth to say something to Akihiko "Why don't you tell us about you since you are new" then he was shocked and signed to Nishimiya "Sorry Nishimiya for asking this" "No, It's fine" I saw her smile. No......fake smile. I know when she faces smiles, her lips become a little tight around the edges. I felt bad about her dad and It's the same as my dad. My dad is still alive but he's not around us anymore. I feel like something happened to her past. Just then I heard Akihiko say while signing to Nishimiya "As you already know I have a twin sister, Sara your friend and we live with our mum and dad" Nishimiya is friends with her twin sister Sara, wait.....of course they both attend the same school and I remembered Nishimiya telling me that she had two friends so I suppose that includes Akihiko's twin sister Sara. As we finished our food we went out and everyone said goodbye to each other and I saw Sahara sign to Nishimiya "Then I will see you next time bye" I saw Nishimiya wave at her and the others. Now It was just me, Nishimiya, Yuzuru and Akihiko. I signed to Nishimiya "It's okay I can take you and Yuzuru home" I saw Nishimiya nodding but Akihiko said while signing to Nishimiya "I can take you home since I have a car, It will be more quicker, I can also take you home Ishida." Yuzuru then said "Please we have already bothered you enough we will just go with Ishida" and Nishimiya signed "It's okay thanks anyway" just then Akihiko signed "Are you sure, It's dark outside" I went and signed "Nishimiya I think he is right" as soon Nishimiya and Yuzuru agreed with me as we went Into Akihiko's car I decided to sit next Nishimiya and Yuzuru seated at the passenger seat. Akihiko asked, "Where is your home, Ishida?". That cheeky monkey. "First let's drop Nishimiya and Yuzuru home?". Akihiko dropped them home first. I stared down and found the watch Nishimiya bought for me. I really like It. I looked up and saw Akihiko staring at me through the mirror.

Nishimiya Shouko POV:
I went Into my room and changed my clothes Into pajamas and was laying down on the bed as soon I'm about to sleep and Yuzuru Intercepted me and signed "So how are things going with Ishida, It seems everything is okay?" I nodded to Yuzuru and she smiled and signed again "I saw Ishida wearing the watch" I smiled to her and signed "I'm glad that Ishida liked it" "So, sis you are not going to Tokyo so you are going to study here right" I nodded to Yuzuru and I hugged her ."Sleep well" Yuzuru signed "You too sis, goodnight" I signed too "Goodnight" and we finally slept.

Ishida Shouya POV:
As I arrived home I went Into the kitchen It was dark and I knew mum was already tucked In bed. I went upstairs and changed my clothes Into pajamas and started to lay down but I suddenly remembered what Akihiko said about going to Tokyo with his cousin. But Nishimiya ended up saying "No" I wonder what will happen tomorrow at school with Nishimiya and Akihiko. I hoped he doesn't force Nishimiya or something. I finally fell asleep hoping everything turns out fine tomorrow. Since we weren't going to meet tomorrow because It was Tuesday. I will text her tomorrow.