(Nik pictured above)

AVAN'S POINT OF VIEW:

Weeks had passed since I had left my number with the waitress, but Aria never texted. Had she lost the paper? Maybe the waitress never gave it to her? Maybe I gave her the wrong number? The explanations for her disappearance were endless. I look for her on campus, but I never once

get a glimpse of her strange hair color. It was time I move on to bigger and better. I position the camera angle higher as I shot the video for my group's advertisement assignment. Leo had asked me to come to his place for editing after the shoot.

Leo is one of few video editors at this school actually worth something. He can green screen and cut shots like nobody's business. Actually, Leo used to be in love with Jake and would make small movies on how their love could have been- that's how he discovered his passion for film. While their relationship didn't last long, Leo's passion for film stuck.

I jog to Leo's place- an apartment much cheaper than mine on a 'rustic' side of campus. The flickering street lights did little to illuminate the dark path. I ran faster wishing I had packed a toothbrush to spend the night.

The editing process took hours and it was about two am when I decide to head home in the pouring rain. I head out with my keys between my fingers ready to attack anyone who tries to hurt me. The night wind howls and I stuff my hands in my pockets in hopes of feeling my fingers again.

Suddenly, I feel two arms grab my shoulders, and I let out a scream as I turn. "WHAT THE FUCK?"

I turn to see a girl laughing- no cut that- Aria laughing. She clutches her stomach as she cackles with joy at her win. Her hair is drenched as she lowers her umbrella to laugh. "I-I'm so sorry!" She wheezes. "I didn't think you would react so violently!" She stops to catch her breath. "Are you good?"

Am I good? Am I good? One more second and I would've knocked her ass out thinking she was a robber. She's such a psycho. "You're psychotic!"

She's laughs at the insult. "Oh, please! It was just a joke! You looked so scared! I couldn't help it."

I decide to change the subject. "What are you doing out here so late anyways?"!

She motions towards her backpack. "Big exam tomorrow. I was in the library studying, and now I'm headed home." She nods towards the complex we're in front of. "You're place is still pretty far from here. Do you want to stay the night at my place?"

Before I could decline, I had already said yes. I grab her umbrella to cover the both of us. She lead me to the third floor of the complex. She unlocks the door to reveal a monochrome color scheme with random splashes of color. The lights are slowly switched on as I make myself comfortable on her couch. She offers me a towel and a blanket and sits near my feet on the couch. I feel courage take over me as she hands a mug of steaming tea.

"Why didn't you ever call me?"

She smiles and replies "I was saving you for a rainy day."

Both of our attentions turn towards the pitter patter on the window. The sound of thunder fills the air. I switch positions on the couch so that my face is near hers. Her eyelashes are still dewy from the rain outside, and the warmth from the space heater makes her cheeks rosy with color. I lean in to kiss her. She moans against my mouth when my icy hands find her bare back.

"We need to go to my room." She mumbles, but I'm too lost on how her hands feels on my body to make sense of it. "S-Safia. Safia" she continues to mumble.

I nip at her skin. "My name's Avan."

She continues to kiss down my abdomen. "I know. Safia's my roommate. She can't see us."

I nod and pick her up, so her legs wrap around my waist into the empty bedroom of the loft where we stay until I'm certain she knows what my name is.