6

"Okay guys, we have to find a phonograph now."  Storm said with the record in hand.

"Let's split up!" I say, "We can text each other if we find it."

"I call going that way with Storm!" Rowan said while pointing to a hallway leading west.

"And that leaves me with Y/N." Levi grinned, as Rowan and Storm walked towards the hallway.

"First team to find it wins ten bucks." Storm declares as everybody agrees.

"Don't get lost, lovebirds!" Rowan called from inside the hallway. I heard them giggle as they kept on walking.

"Tweet, tweet!" I replied, flapping my hands. "C'mon, let's beat them to it." I tell Levi, as he nods and smiles at my joke.

I could tell he was affected by the comment Rowan made, because every time I stole a glance at him, his cheeks were pink.

He's just embarrassed, it's not like he has a crush on me too.

I stuffed my hands in my jean pockets, thinking deeply if Rowan and Storm somehow found out about my crush.

Did Mom tell them? No, she would never.
Did they see me stare at him? That can't be, I made sure I was never caught.
They must ship us, but I have absolutely no idea why.

I was walking mindlessly when I got scared shitless. I was jumpscared by a fake body meant to look like a real one. I cursed under my breath and began to search for the record player.

I checked inside different rooms, in desks, dressers, and bookshelves. But when I was about to ask Levi if he had any luck, I couldn't find him. I looked for him in bedrooms, but I didn't see him anywhere.

I looked in the hallway, and I saw a white door that I had not checked yet, so I opened the door to see Levi infront of a bathroom mirror fixing his hair.

He saw me in the mirror's reflection, and jumped back.

"Have you heard of knocking? I could've been taking a shit, and you just barge in here!"

I felt my face get hot and I apologized immediately.

"I'm kidding! Y/N! Come back here!"

I walk back in to see Levi laughing.

"You looked so scared and embarrassed!" He sniggered, as I crossed my arms and stuck out my tongue at him. He did the same back to me.

"Did you find anything in here? Or did you just check yourself out the whole time." I questioned, letting my hands fall back down to my sides.

"I didn't find anything..yet."

"Uh huh." I murmured skeptically under my breath.

Suddenly, I received a shit ton of text notifications. I looked at Levi, thinking he was the one sending me the texts, but he was looking back at me. He shrugged and I pulled my phone out of my back pocket to see who texted me.

I didn't recognize the number, so I asked who was texting me.

Y/N: Who's this?

?: This is Patrick

Y/N: ...

R: It's me, Rowan, Storm and I found the phonograph

I let out a groan as I read the text. I faced Levi to tell him the bad news.

"Rowan and Storm found the phonograph first."

"Dammit."

"C'mon, let's go."