011 ─── bloodbath .

lethal
011 ─── bloodbath .

" you don't know until you live "

rowan's view

𝔄s soon as the gong went off, I broke into a run without hesitation, the choice already made up in my mind. I sprinted towards the Cornucopia with more urgency than that time that Gale and I had to run from a hungry mountain lion, my feat flying through the air and beating against the ground. My eyes didn't dare waver from the knives that I wanted, the knives that I had to have.

I desperately kept my momentum when I finally reached the Cornucopia so I could slide down on my knees, snatching the belt of knives and turn on my heel.

The first thing I saw was the chaos. Chaos everywhere. Peeta and Blye had immediately fled the scene, their blond and red hair noticeably absent from the Bloodbath. The Careers, Marvel, Glimmer and Cato, were mercilessly slaughtering the younger, weaker Tributes with their bare hands and whatever weapons they had time to get their hands on, blood splattering over the bright green grass.

Marvel was hacking into a Tribute relentlessly with a blade, even though the Tribute, or what was left of them, was long dead. My stomach twisted. But it wasn't nearly as horrifying as Cato, who banged the heads of two Tributes together, and with his intense strength, they both died on impact, falling to the ground, limp. Anger boiled in my stomach as I watched the nice, kind guy I talked to on the roof top be replaced by a monster, and it's all their fault. All of this is their fault.

The Capitol. The President. Snow.

Glimmer was slicing into another Tribute with a similar blade to Marvel's, a sadistic grin on her face that made me nauseous. I would be the one to kill her. Clove, on the other hand, after finishing killing a Tribute, had turned right towards me, vengeance on her face, her eyes on the knife belt in my hands.

I shot up, all of my muscles tensed, and my eyes just had a second to widen before I turned on my heel and sprinted quicker than I ever had before. I ran towards the backpack, one of the last ones in the meadow, and grabbed it, slinging it over my shoulder.

But just as I grabbed the backpack, a force that resembled that of a hovertrain slammed into me, making me fall forwards onto the ground. I turned around and scrambled away, my eyes landing on the boy from 8 standing over me with a large, curved, cruel blade in his hands. He grinned maliciously at me, making my stomach turn.

I reached for one of my knives, my eyes moving behind the boy from 8, where Clove had been distracted by another pack of knives and had forgotten about me. That wasn't going to help me in the slightest.

I looked back up to the boy, who was advancing on me slowly, like a lion playing with its meal. I moved backwards as fast as I could, my legs turning to gelatin and my hand somehow unable to through that damned knife. It was easier when it was animals, but this was a person, with a family and a future. Or, as much of one as he could have in this Arena.