Chapter 11

"Oh, Nolan..." I say, still kind of shocked at what he just said. "Are you really so low as to go for a Penguins fan?"

        Nolan blushes. "But when it's you, Loren, it's not low at all."

        "I mean, you're not that bad looking, and you seem like a really sweet guy, but the thing is..." 

       "Yes, I know, I play for the Flyers." Nolan says with surprising venom in his voice.

       I take a deep breath. "Nolan, that's true, but it's not it. I've been hurt real bad. It all began in sixth grade, which is very young, but it hurt the same. I liked this kid who was a Rangers fan-"

        "Well Loren, what did you expect, he was a Rags fan." he smirks. 

        "Can't you let me tell my fuckin story?" I yell.

        Nolan seems taken aback by my sudden outburst. He should be used to it by now. I continue anyways. "Apparently it was really obvious he liked me, even my mom knew. We got to be really close friends and we planned to go to hockey games together and stuff. But then, one of my fake friends told him I liked him, so he looked me straight in the eye and said 'I hate you.' So yeah, that was painful. And then in eighth grade, I was with this kid, who I really liked, and we were dating and stuff. My so called best friend straight up said he was cute, but I just blew it off because she said stuff like that all the time. So one day during my lunch I was walking through this one hallway, and I caught them making out."

        "Well shit, now I can see why you don't trust anyone." Nolan remarks.

        "I still trust Claire, but other than that I really don't trust anyone. So I pretty much told myself, 'Love never works out for you.' So I decided to stop liking people." 

        "Loren, you were a depressed middle schooler. You're a college student now."

        "And then you come along, with your nice-ass smile and being an NHL player and you're saying you like me and stuff, and I mean I kinda started catching feels for you, but you could cheat on me so easily, and-"

        Nolan cuts me off my pressing his lips on mine, and I stop trying to not like him. That layer of ice I put over my heart finally melts as I kiss him back.

YEEEEEEEEET ITS FINALLY DONE SKKRT SKRRT IM SO HAPPY RN YEET