Chapter 22 You Only Live Once

Sven's P.O.V

What did he mean by that? Am I a mortal?

"Sven, everyone's going to the beach for our annual volleyball tournament... what's wrong?" Grayson comes in. He looks better than he did a few days ago. He's been sleeping until recently.

"Nothing." I smile at him. He smiles back and pecks me on the cheek. There aren't any sparks... I got so used to them and now that they're gone I miss them. The sparks that one feels when they come in contact with their soul mate is what tells them they've found their mate. Since we're not mates anymore the sparks are gone.

"Sven, it's okay, even if we're not mates you're still mine and I'm still yours." He assures me.

"I know it's just... different."

"It is different but what matters is that I love you."

"I love you too."

He grins, "Good now change into these and meet me outside." He hands me some shorts then walks out.

Mm, it smells like him. I smile and get changed.

Once I'm outside everyone seems to be waiting outside their cars.

"You took your sweet time." Ellie gives me a volleyball. "You're riding with Grayson and the two love birds."

"And you?"

"With those guys." She points. I see a group of guys smiling and laughing in a car.

"Well good luck."

She winks and leaves with other things for the beach. She's dressed very... revealing.

"Sven." Noah calls me. I hurry and get into the passenger seat.

"What beach are we going to?"

"It's one of our private beaches close to a cliff."

One of their private beaches? How many beaches do they own?

"Guess what?" Noah asks me.

"What?"

"Julian is going to teach me how to swim."

"You don't know how to swim?"

"It wasn't something I thought I needed to know how to do so I never learned." He shrugs.

"And if he drowns I'll be there to save the day." Julian adds. Noah rolls his eyes but kisses Julian. Julian blushes and grabs the back of Noah's neck. He roughly pulls him into- oh...

I quickly look forward to give them some privacy. I can still hear them so I turn up the radio.

Grayson glances and smirks my way. "What?"

"Your expression was priceless."

"Shut up." I frown. That is soon gone when Grayson starts laughing.

Minutes later; Grayson is still laughing. "Grayson, shut up and drive." Julian finally gets annoyed.

"I can't help it, Sven is just too cute."

I don't know whether to be offended or not. What I do know is that my blood is rushing to my cheeks making me blush.

"Look, we're almost there." Julian excitedly points out the window.

"How close is this beach?" Noah asks.

"From the pack house... 20 minutes without traffic."

"Nice. There aren't any sharks... are there?"