Tuning out

"Give me your arm please sir, it will be over quick and painless okay?"

I stuck out my arm and the doctors cold gloved hand reached and grabbed my forearm. I squirmed under his grasp. I wasn't afraid of needles but the size of the one in the doctors hand was big enough to make anyone pass out.

"Hold still please" doctor rose said patiently.

I finally held still enough for Dr. rose to stab me with yet another needle. It ended as quickly as it started and soon he was throwing away the needle and writing on his clipboard. he then proceeded to leave and shut the door.

Ever since I was diagnosed I started coming to Dr. Rose twice a month. he says that I'm lucky we caught it so early. lucky, uh, I don't feel very lucky. I feel just deflated. it's been six months since I was diagnosed and it's been rough.

First there was denial, then anger, now "depression" or so the doctor says. It's weird though, I never thought my life would be this.

I just keep thinking I will wake up but I never do. my family knows and the jacks also know. The jacks have been so supportive, if it wasn't for them and their adorable son Vince I don't think I could keep living life.

"Okay, you are all good shawn. you can leave now. see you in two weeks" Dr. rose said walking back in.

I grabbed my coat and walked into the waiting room.

"You ready?" Jack G. Said

"Yep, clean bill of health for now. thank you for coming"

"Of course Shawn, now let's go get some lunch buddy" JJ said

"I want IHOP!" Vince said squirming out of JJ's arms.

"Let's let Shawn choose buddy"

"IHOP sounds good to me" I said as we started heading to the car

"Yay!!!" Vince squealed and started running towards the car.

"Hey Vince wait!!!" jack said running after him

Me and JJ walked behind watching jack Swing Vince around and throw him over his shoulder.

This was what I wanted. A family of my own. now a days it felt like it wasn't possible for me anymore.

"Hey, you will meet the right one shawn. anyone would be lucky to have you" JJ said understanding what I was feeling.

"I hope so" I said somberly.

"Have you spoke to cam yet?"

"Of course, we talk often" I said nervously.

"You know that's not what I mean. have you told him about your virus"

Mine and Cam's relationship had gotten better. I just wasn't ready to tell him yet.

"You need to tell him, he deserves to know"

"I know and I will....eventually"

We finally caught up to jack and Vince

"Come on slow pokes we are hungry" jack said playfully as we got in the car.

I pulled out my phone and did something I might regret. I texted cam

'We need to talk'

AUTHORS NOTE

SORRY I HAVE BEEN GONE FOR FOREVER BUT HOPEFULLY YOU WILL STAY WITH THE STORY

DONT FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE

LOTS OF LOVE

WILLIAM