Part 3 - New Mission

I train with the other supers energetically practicing with my superhuman reflexes.
I slashed a training bot into half, here and there. And I spin my swords around to deflect the bullets. "Hope I'll never not get the hang of this!" I yelled.

"I don't think that's possible." Starburst zapped a training bot into dust. I decided to hop in and point at it. "Shucks. That robot didn't feel so good." I said.

"Robots don't feel anything!" Misty ghost-phased into a robot and ripped its circuits out.

"Neither do villains!" Indestructo throws a training bot at a group of other robots.

"Only our PUNCHES!" Dragonfist fiercely punched a training bot into bolts and pieces.

"Bravo, everyone! Bravo!" I clapped in the middle of a rain of bolts and metal scraps. As if it was literally a party only thrown to make robot scraps fly around everywhere instead of vintage toilet papers.

"Especially you, Dragonfist. You are totally not a trademark Iron Fist." I said to Dragonfist with my fingers gunned at him. "Iron who?" He asked. "Iron Nobody. Don't worry about it."

"Shadow. Proceed to Director K's office. Right now." The speaker embedded on the wall announced and informed me. Well, I guess there's no time for lotteries anymore, huh?

"Oh, look who just got called to the principal's office! Me!" I said as I pointed at myself with two fingers, as my teammates stared at me with either annoyance or confusion. "Oh fellas! Don't worry! You'll get your chances next time! While I get to have some liver spread sandwich for breakfast! Yum!" I said as I walked into the advanced door, walking through a corridor in the helicarrier.

The corridor was not crowded but only a few people passed by as I strolled towards my destination. "Good thing this place's not that overpopulated. Or else the air would be all stinky carbon dioxide." I said, and not many people mind what I said.

I immediately found the director's office after taking a few strolls in the corridor. "Here comes the principal office! Unit 493929 Shadow, coming right up! I'm coming for you, liver-spread sandwich!" I said as I gladly pushed the door.

As it swung open. I discovered Director K himself, with his hands together placed conveniently on the middle of the table. I had no unconfidence. "Sorry if I didn't make quite a good dramatic entrance. But I shall ask thy question.. Why you call me here?" I said as I sat my butt on the chair facing his desk. His shiny name plate showcased its presence to me.

"Second, why do you need to intimidate me even a little bit by putting your hand together, curling them into a ball and conveniently placed on the middle of your desk like an evil mastermind? I mean.. not that you're bad. But it feels too cliché for me." I told him. His expression stayed the same.

"We've set up a mission for you. That's what." He told me.
"Really? No joking? Not even a teeny weeny wittle bit?" I asked him.

"A stealth mission." Director K handed me a folder, as I saw it labeled "STEALTH" right on its front. I gladly took the folder in glee and flipped it open. My wonderous soul took journey in reading this case file. "This looks like a birth certificate.. For a person who can't read.. Take Tom Cruise for example. Though he has iron for guts enough to do dangerous stunts."

"Stop it with the comments and get to the point." Director K strictly told me. "Alrighty." I said, looking over files of some robot girl I do not care about or do not know about.. yet.

"XJ-9, huh? Sounds like a worthy opponent. She's cute by the way. Looks like a happy vintage 50s girl on a date with a demonic boyfriend. I'd date her, but she's metal. But luckily better metal than Schwarzenegger terminator metal." I said with a mouthful of baby diaper meta humor.

"I'm asking you to keep a low profile. No suspections. Keep yourself away from her sights." Director K told me.
"You mean keep myself away from the camera's sights? Ehem! Anyways, I still have a delicious breakfast to catch! Liver-spread sandwich. Very juicy. For me." I said as I stood up from the seat then wa-

"Not done yet! Sit down." Director K made me sit back down on the miserable chair of boringness. He handed me some materials and equipment capable to make me capable of spying on XJ-9. He gave me nightvision goggles, I held it in my hand like a toy I just bought. "Nightvision? Oh, you shouldn't have! Besides this. Do you guys got a predator vision goggles? Don't tell me you don't." I said, but he ignored my statement and handed me sticky gloves and sticky shoes.

"What are these for? To climb mount Everest? To climb the gigantic sprout all the way up to the giant's house?" I asked Director K continuously without being interrupted.

"No. These are equipment capable of sticking to building materials when intended to." He replied.
"Great. Now I can become the one hero who climbs walls that I can't mention for useless humorous reasons. So. When do I begin?" I asked.

"You can begin now." Director K replied, he turned around to open the cabinet and took out a folder from it. "Here's her locatio-" He quickly noticed me missing from the room. The door was swinging open. This obviously indicated that I left.

I quickly ran across the helicarrier, rode an elevator up, then put on a jetpack then flew away on my way to Tremorton.