>>> four

Sitting in the living room Bella flips through a book, while her mother, Janice rushes through the rooms humming

Sitting in the living room Bella flips through a book, while her mother, Janice rushes through the rooms humming. "Mom wants going on?" She finally questioned

"Your fathers home soon," she chirped placing a bouquet on the coffee table " and I invited Jeffrey over for dinner," she added before rushing out the room as fast as she entered.

"What?" She questioned jumping up from the couch her dress flowing freely around her figure. As she looks into the kitchen her mother chops up a bunch of vegetables. "Mom?"

"Hmm?" She asked glancing at her before turning back to the food.

"Dad's home which is great, but you invited the neighbour?" She questioned "why?"

Janice put the knife down turning to Bella "your father has hardly any friends since he works away so often, and Jeffrey is new. He will need friends too." She stopped to pick up her wine holding a finger out to Bella in silence "now, your going to put that pout away for when your father and Jeffrey arrives."With that she turned back to preparing dinner.

"You wouldn't like him so much if you knew I was on the back of his bike this morning," Bella muttered.

Turning around her mother fixed a sharp glare on her features "what did you say?"

"Honey I'm home!" A voice called as a door banged against the wall.

"Dad!" Bella called welcoming the interruption.

...

"-so then I simply handed him the contract saying take it or leave it," her dad, Connor said before taking a sip of his beer.

"Really?" Her mother said from her spot next to him "you said those exact words?" She added with a raised eyebrow.

"Uh yeah," he stuttered looking over at her. Sighing his free hand ran over his face "okay not like that, more like please sign them?"

"I believe that," Bella said before there was knock at the door. Jumping up she smiled at her parents "i'll get it."

Shaking her body nervously she pulled open the door to reveal Jeffrey. The smile on his face grew "hello."

"Oh hello, didn't realise we're talking," she said leaning on the door not letting him in "i appreciated the lift but for you then to just drive off. I mean it was the start of shit day."

His smile left his face and his eyebrows furrowed "I'm sorry you had a bad day. Was it that boy? Did he do anything?" He asked stepping closer concern in his eyes.