Edward kenway x reader rum is the best Medicine

"Edward, you bastard!!"

You groan and curse angrily to yourself as you pull your body off a large mount of foliage. You look down at your robes and shake them, trying to get rid of any sand and small rocks that had gathered there.

All the while, you had to listen to that smug pirate, laughing heartily to himself at your current predicament. You hated the way he laughed, almost insulting your abilities as a pirate. You blush a bit in embarrassment as the golden-haired pirate turns to you and leans an arm onto a nearby rock.

"Aw, come on, lass... it wasn't that bad~"

He smirked as he continued to watch you shake the sand and rocks off of your robes. You always hated the way he smirked so smugly. He had left you by yourself after promising to perform the leap of faith beside you and for that, you felt that he was untrustworthy.

"Yes it was! You knew I wasn't ready for it yet you left me to it! You promised you would do it beside me..."

"Never trust a pirate, lass. Rule number one of piracy."

You turned to face the pirate, still mumbling to yourself whilst you pull your hood back up.

"Rules, my arse... pirates aren't supposed to have any rules."

Edward smirked, smugly, once again before walking over and wrapping an arm around you. You growled, attempting to push his arm off of your shoulder, but unfortunately he was much stronger than yourself.

"Aye, you may be right about that but you should still know better than to trust a pirate, lass..." 

His damn smirk. You couldn't help but be angry everytime he gave you that smug expression. Yet, you still feel a slight heat coming from your cheeks as he looks into your (e/c) eyes. You put a hand on his arm and give him a stern look before increasing the tightness of your grip.

"Listen here, Captain. If I had any good sense in me, I would have you thrown off the Jackdaw to fight with sharks until you end up in Davy Jones' locker!"

To your surprise, your angry comment didn't seem to faze the young pirate, but rather, intrigue him. Instead he simply raises an eyebrow and continues to smirk, impressed by your sharp tongue.

"Sharp tongue, lass. I've always admired that in a woman~"

You blush and push his hand away as he tries to pull you closer to him. You turn your back from him before crossing your arms and pouting in a childish manner. You soon listen as the young pirate chuckles softly before walking towards your direction.

"Aw, come on, lass... don't stay mad at me."

You soon open your eyes widely as you feel Edward's hands wrap around your waist. He rests his head into your back in a comforting manner. You smile a little from the comfort but soon shake your head before throwing his arms off you once more. You turn to face him and give him yet another angry expression.

"Out of all of the stupid, idiotic, pathetic men I have ever met, you... Kenway, are the-- ahh!!" 

You groan as you soon feel a sharp pain in the side of your leg. You fall to the ground and watch as Edward runs to your side before kneeling down beside you. 

"Are you alright, lass?!"

You notice the concerned expression on the young pirate's face and blush a bit as he looks directly into your (e/c) eyes. You groan as you grit your teeth, feeling the sharp pain increase in intensity.

"N-no... my leg, I think it's--!"

You gasp as you soon feel Edward's hand touching your leg. You were about to smack his hand away but soon resist as you feel his hand gently begin to turn your leg around. You blush as he takes a closer look at the wound.