Ezio Auditore part 2

Ezio leaned against the wall, his arms crossed, as he waited for the last of his recruits to arrive so they could start their mission to finally catch the Banker or at least get a solid lead on him. The Assassin resisted the temptation to fidget; it would do no good after all to let the already present recruits, namely Veronica and her team, get the impression he was nervous when he was simply a bit impatient.

He had wanted to go alone, but had seen reason when Machiavelli suggested a little back-up could never hurt. This mission was too important to take any risks.

And Veronica and her team had already proven themselves on their mission, leading their fellow assassin to safety while disposing of all those that opposed them. Flavio was a brute of a man who could crush an enemy with his bare hands if he decided to, but was much too gentle to do it without being seriously provoked. He really wasn't cut out to be an assassin, but he was fiercely protective of his family and friends, and decided that joining the Brotherhood was the best course of action to save Roma.

Carlotta was the exact opposite of Flavio. With her petite build and agility, it was easy for her to slip right behind an enemy, take him down and disappear before anyone even realized what had happened - like a true assassin. But she needed to rely on her skills to stay hidden since she wasn't a very strong fighter, which made her a perfect match with Flavio. That was probably the reason why Veronica had chosen those two for her team.

Veronica... Ezio watched her chatting with Carlotta like it was any other day, probably to show that there was no need to be afraid of the upcoming mission. He'd been surprised to find her gone when he woke up this morning and he'd only gotten to exchange a few words with her before her team joined them in the hall, where she explained that she liked to watch the sun rise over Rome, something he had a hard time to understand since he was more of a night owl than an early bird. Sun settings were much more to his liking.

Finally, the last recruit stumbled through the door in his haste, his robe rumpled and only just pulling up his hood to hide his messy black bed hair, grinning apologetically. Nico, their newest recruit and also the youngest. He still had a lot to learn.

Well, he'd probably get enough practice during this mission.

Ezio pushed himself off the wall and pulled himself to his full height in front of the four gathered recruits. "I'm going to visit a senator today that may be our chance to get to a higher placed Templar. I don't know what to expect, but this lead is too important to take any chances, which is the reason why I need you to have my back. Stay out of sight and only act when I give the signal to, capite?"

The recruits nodded, their faces serious and their backs straight, ready to help out the man that had saved and recruited them.

The Assassin nodded, satisfied. "Alright, let's go. The Campidoglio is our destination."

Ezio pulled his sword out of the stomach of the last guard and after wiping it off, slipped it back into his sheath. Ignoring the senator he had just saved from the violent debt collectors, he turned his back to him and observed the plaza, making sure no other guards had seen his little slaying of their comrades.

Satisfied that the danger was over for now, he finally turned to Egidio. He needed to bring the senator someplace safe, best without further alerting any guards. He could hold his own in a fight, but it was much more difficult to do so while simultaneously defending someone completely helpless.

After explaining his plan to the senator and receiving many thanks, he held up his arm and pointed one finger to the ground beside him. A moment later, Veronica appeared besides him, having seen the signal from her position on the roof behind them.