(8)

Every day I used to discover something new about him.

He liked to sing bright early in the morning and not just anything but it was always this beautiful tune that many a time I'd heard him whistle before.

There was nothing but compassion hidden behind that dirty exterior. He wouldn't eat anything until I would and if I refused when we had food shortage he wouldn threaten me that he wouldn't eat for a week.

Every time at two o'clock in the after noon he would come and hug me. I didn't know why until he told me that it was the time his parents had passed away in a bus accident. He just needed the extra warmth to make him move on stronger. I never cried so much.

At five o'clock he would always take me out somewhere for an hour and tell me random facts about life. One of the most profound things he said was -

Relationships were like the arms of a starfish. They broke of but new ones soon formed in their places.

At night he never slept without this piece of torn soft toy. He claimed that it had belonged to his mother when she was a baby. That made me want to cry again but I remained strong for him. He said that when he hugged the thing with eyes popping out and cotton poking at places, it reminded him of how life could be so cruel yet so sweet. Vile that it took away his parent and tolerable because it gave him something of hers to hold onto.

I never admit it to him but he always was a sunrise for me.

He liked to chew something or the other constantly and always had candies at hand.

There was nothing he crazed about in the world more than football. I swear I'd see him trying to steal sports news from the papers people left around stray. He would then sit with me and discuss names I never got, strategies I never comprehended and statistics I never cared about. Though I never let it show on my visage. He was happy and that made me jovial.

Though there was nothing that prepared me for what happened a day ago. I was still reeling in shock and he was still upset about it.

It had been my fault.

I should have never probed into his personal life but it had been random. I never planned it purposefully. 

It was a shock that rendered me speechless. It made me wonder just how good a person could be. I was so overwhelmed by what I found out that the very next second I met him I did something inevitable.

Something I regret and don't.

Something everyone knew about.

I blue kissed him.