| Chapter 28 |

He had went back to sleep. I remand up, watching as the little feather on the pillow fanned from his warm breaths. The television was playing. Some documentary about a foreign rock band I have never heard of. It was strange how I found much more interest in his slumber.

The clocking was ticking, a great morning had passed and now the noon was heading our way. I rubbed my protesting stomach. It was a light rumble that informed me that I had a limited time to eat before things would get ugly.

"Can you shut your stomach up?" He rolled over.

"Good, you're up." I praised.

"No, I'm not." He pushed away my approaching arm.

"Wake up please." I drew a soft zig zag across his back, watching as his muscles tensed up. He turned over and stared at me. I smiled before I crawled on top of him.

"Why must you drive me crazy?"

I whimpered playfully, watching as his once stoned look softened. He offered me a small kiss. Willing, I took it.

"You want to play again?" His eye brow arched.

"Maybe later." I crawled off of him. "Right now, I'm starving."

He ran his hands down his face before he sighed.

"Thirty minutes. I can meet you down stairs so we can slip out."

"Great." I grinned.

I slipped from his crumbled sheets and began to collect my clothes before I left his bedroom to return to my own...

I was ready now. Dressed and ready to go, I met Xavier in the main garage where his truck was waiting.

"Hey?" I walked over to the passenger and reached for the handle. Before I could tug, I was stopped and pulled away. He was staring at me. The color in his eyes now burning with passion. His fingers collapsed around my neck, he pulled me in for an energetic kiss.

I found myself melting into his kiss. It was like a surge of energy sparked from our contact. Before I could become lost, I broke the kiss. The brightness in his eyes faded once I extended the gap between us. I looked around to make sure were surely alone.

"Don't worry, no one is around." He teased me.

"I just-I just think it would better if we kept this between us. I don't want to be your distraction." I pleaded with him.

He eyed me intensively. It was a glare that I did not find comforting. Before another word could break the tension, he slowly nodded in understanding.

"I understand." He confirmed.

He pulled open the passenger door, his eyes fixated on something afar. I took a seat. He closed the door. It was the distant look that he gave when he got into the truck with me that almost made me feel sort of bad...

I glanced out of the window, watching as the trees and buildings passed us by. It took me while to actually question him about our destination.

"You will see when we get there." His answer became repetitive. It was becoming a problem.

That was until he pulled into a parking lot by a small establishment. A small building only blessed with a sign and a few curtained windows. The words 'Mona' Cuisine' was the signature scribbled around the large sign.

Then there was the delectable aroma that swam across the parking lot. The intense smell of steak and potato. It was like a pull. I paced ahead, nearly forgetting that I had company lingering behind me.