| Chapter 14 |

Saying that I was mad would probably be an understatement. I was angry. I was fuming. I was furious. I was not happy with this indignant behavior toward me and I was ready to make that known.

My inner wolf wanted me to keep calm and speak like an intellectual human being. It wanted me to walk up to his room and discuss how I felt and how things were unfair.

The problem is, I'm not a human being. I was ravaging monster to most. As a wolf, we could be a beautiful specimen on the outside but a beast internally.

I took in a few deep breaths to calm myself. I had hopes of shredding away the dangerous ideas I had poisoning my mind as I walked toward his corridor.

Relax. Relax.

My inner wolf wanted me to calm myself before I approached Xavier. It wanted me to smack a fraudulent smile on my face before I met him.

That was not going to happen!

He must have done it for a reason. Why did my inner wolf desperately try to search for a reason for why he did what he did? Why would the monster inside not accept the fact that he was an egotistical, selfish, maniac that was set out to ruin the lives of his pack members?

Maybe he...fancies me. My inner wolf was now just a babbling fool that lived inside of me. Was it mad? Fancy me? No way. A heartless, power hungry fool was only allowed to adore authority, success, and control.

It's possible. Was it? Would that explain the contact him and I had engaged in? The sexual encounters. Or was it just an act of lust? Was it fresh meat for him to lust for at the moment? Has he grown bored with the random women who threw themselves into the arms of the 'All mighty' Alpha? Was I untouchable by others because I was like a kid's toy? He was selfish with me until he is done?

Thinking too hard? I don't know what it was or why I was off limits but I planned to put those questions to rest.

I paced down the well-lit halls toward the end. Greeting me at the end was a dark wooden door that stood tall and strong. His office. Without any hesitation, I knocked on the door.

No answer.

I turned and walked toward my next destination. His room. A secluded room that lied in the far opposite corner of the halls, completely secluded from the rest of the home.

I passed by the warrior rooms. I passed the Beta room. My anxiousness had me standing outside of Alpha Xavier's room door with an over excited mind and quivering hands.

I raised my hand to knock. Before my small fist could make contact, the bedroom door swung open forcefully.

Wide staring eyes turned to low narrowing eyes before the corner of her lips rose to form a taunting and devious grin that I found appalling.

Jazz?!

What the fuck is this bitch doing here?

She slid passed me with a walk that screamed triumph. Her hips swayed with her walk as she went. She glanced over her shoulder to get one last look at the wide eyed female that seemed almost surprised by what she had just witnessed. She rolled her eyes, her lips still holding onto the smile as she disappeared down the long halls.

Like a waxed statue, I stood there, almost shocked by what I had just saw. Wait. Why am I surprised? My stomach tightened. Why did I almost feel a wave of disappointment?

He was fucking her? I should have known. I released a light snarl before I took control of my actions.

That is not why you are here Amira.

I took a calm breath before I peeked into the slightly cracked door. Standing by his overlarge window, he stared down at the empty fields. His face was plain. His eyes were unfocused as if in thought. The usual I would say.

Where is his shirt?!

I tugged at the hem of my shirt. I will not be a victim of this sexually built womanizer. I will not. Goddess be with me.

"Alpha?" I pulled his attention away from the window.

His eyes had widened when they met mine. He seemed almost surprised by my sudden intrusion.

"What do you need?" He quickly questioned.

I was somewhat surprised. His voice. It was not the cold, bare voice that would normally come from him. This one actually seemed....concerned. It seemed like a question that really searched for an answer.

"I'm sorry for interrupting your session with Jaz..." His eyes had narrowed to those dark green gems that shielded the windows of his true emotion. His jaw clinched before his hand tightened to a fist. "But I have a question I would like to ask you. I would like to know why I was put on 'Off Limits' by you sir."

"Because I believe that was best." His long, toned legs led him over to his enormous bed, which seemed too comfortable. He picked up his T-shirt.

"Why is that?"

"You do not really have any authority to question me." He slipped the teal colored material over his head.

"I know and I'm sorry but I want to know why. I need to know why...Alpha." I know carried no real authority to question him but I could not hold back. I needed some answers. I wanted them.

"Your father sent you here to train under my command, so I will make sure you get the training you need without any distractions. The last thing I would want to do is send you back to your father, who I respect, with a broken heart or pregnant because of one of the male members here." His voice had deepened.

I can't believe this. Or I did not want to. It was not about him and me. It was about him and my father. He was doing my father a favor. More like another. His first favor to my father was taking me off of his hands.

Fuck my feelings huh?

Anger soared through my blood. My inner wolf was left speechless and almost disappointment by this information. I, on the other hand, almost found it typical for him not to give a shit about others besides himself.

"But you're a distraction." Words that were meant to be kept locked inside of my mind were now the words that bounced off of the tan walls.

He sat down on the edge of his bed. Wide green eyes seem to stare right through me. Nervous and even in shock by my own words, I waited for the response that would soon follow my remark.

"Mistakes were made." That iciness intertwined with his response left me in more disbelief.

I could not believe this shit. I was a victim of 'mistakes'? Our encounters were nothing more than accidents?

Not wanting to show any emotion to this creature, I held my head up high and forced down the barrier in my throat.

"Yes they were." I spoke with a stern tone of voice to assure him.....and myself.

Quickly ending the ridiculous conversation, I turned and left his room.....

Why should I be surprised by his comment? Why did I actually believe that I would be something different? I was in the same sailing boat as the others. Just a piece of ass. A new one at that. I was the object used when bored with the other toys.

Sad to say, I was just another one of the Alpha's dirty little secrets....