Chapter 11

I stumbled back my hands stinging as they hit the ice. I saved him, why had I saved him. All he was going to do was murder me later or worse bring me back to my awful kingdom where I would be murdered then by my father.

I have to kill him all it would take is one small push and I would survive never again bugged by the threatening presence of him.

Slowly his breathing started to quicken then with a sharp jolt his eyes opened glossed over from sleep.

"Where am I." The words fell out of his mouth slow and sluggish like dog drool hitting me with a pang of guilt. I had just thought about murdering him and he doesn't even know who I am.

With an inward sigh of relief I scrambled for words just realizing I didn't even know where I was. "Umm.... I.. Ummm..." With a breath I looked around me seeing for the first time a windmill about a mile from a small town. " I think about a few miles from Berksentin." I smiled nervously as I tried to think of a coverup story on what had happened.

With a slow start he struggled to get up his legs barely catching his weight as he got up. "How did I fall?" His voice hoarse from lack of water. I looked at the ground the melted ice just evaporating puddles on the ground. He would never believe it was just normal forming ice, no ice could form that fast without even a piece of grass in it.

"You slipped on the ice, well puddles now but it was ice a minute ago." I looked down nervously my voice fast with panic. He looked up his eyes glazed from 'sleep'.

"Oh." He looked around him his eyes widened when he saw the pillar... The the blood... And of course to make it even better his bloody broken armor. "What in the nine realms happened here." His voice cracked as he looked back at the helmet. "What did you do to me!!" His voice rose with a steady clime of the octaves tell even I was sure that even my voice couldn't go higher.

"I saved you thats what, so stop screeching at me!" I lost it just for a moment and I flared he should be grateful not angry at me for what I did but no he wasn't. I felt the heat go to my hands and the ground crackled and froze. Shuglet, now great he's going to freak and... Right then he ran at me pulling my arms to him.

" I've found her!" Was all the boy said as he dragged towards the woods.