Chapter 1

"Lucy!!!" I yelled as I entered my steaming warm room coughing hard because of the strong acidic stench of burning wood that had so lovely figured it would kill my poor nostrils.

"You called Princess Frost?" Said Lucy as she entered the room through the dismal servant door.

" Have the guards opened my cage yet? I wish to visit the garden or have they been given orders to keep me in yet another winter full of snow?!" My hands yanking at the velvet bed curtains that hung from my bright icy blue bed.

" I am sorry FrostFire they are doing exactly what the queen said to you earlier." She sighed as she curtsied and backed away.

" Lucy, do you know why they keep me in even though I am healthier then my younger sister who's allowed out into the brisk cold to talk to the merchants.". Turning away I looked at a mirror stroking my gold red hair so that it would show the silver blue streaks that were stylishly naturally formed into the curled braid.

"I do not know but I ask every day for you but she won't tell me."

"Humph. Thank you Lucy. You are a wonderful friend. You can go leave to go back to your work." With one last curtsy she turned and left humming a winter song as she went along.

Opening my hands I sang the words to the song that Lucy had hummed watching as the snow fell calmer and faster as I changed tempo, my hands turning blue and crystalized but not freezing. Smiling at the familiar and calming sight I turned around walking towards my balcony.

With an irritated sigh I grabbed food that was on a tray stuffing it into a small bag. Pushing open the closet doors I grabbed my boots. The exact pair I had begged so persistently with my mother to get me but had never been able to wear them. Pulling them on along with a thick brown warm cloak I continued to stuff extra clothing into a bag keeping it as simple as I could find.

Rushing at the lock on my balcony door I flung my body against the door breaking the lock with the sudden force.
Smiling as I heard the glass freeze and gloss over as I opened the door I looked back one last time into my room. My eyes hardening as memories appeared in my minds eye. Turning fast I waisted no time jumping from the tower landing in the deep ice cold snow. Pulling myself out of the heavy fluff I ran out on the frozen lake going towards my favorite place in the woods that I enjoyed during the summer months. With a giggle I ran faster enjoying the cold caress of the wind as I ran from my prison.