Chapter 3

"Young one what have you unleashed!". The woman cried as she lifted me off the ground.

"I have done nothing but went outside into the snow because I needed to I have never felt more alive and real in all 12 years of my awful life." I grasped at my foot as I felt it start to wake up. "Who are you?" I looked up at the pale cold reddened face of the woman.

"My name is Shinue I am the teller of the cold.". Opening her arms wide pictures of major freezes appeared. "These are caused by you your anger lights the fire that kills when your light falls you give life.". Frost backed away her arms hitting a wall of ice.

"So I am a sorceress or a cold weather?."

"You are a gift. For today when you changed clothes into your rightful gown you gave into your heart it is red because you are the fire that burns to give all a sense of its own and cold because of the gift you are born with."

"But my mother said that I was not allowed out because I was heir to the throne." Shinue burst into laughter and smiled at me.

"Young one your birth right had to be secured before age thirteen or your powers would turn against the heat your own mother knew that you would have found out before your 13th birthday and so she kept it a secret for you to learn.". Shinue again opened her arms wide this time pictures of FrostFire as a young child showed her accidentally unleashing her magic when her sister burned her favorite doll with a candle. The memories went deeper tell Frost was two she was gowned in a blue dress pulling at the ruff slippers which were on her feet. When her hand hit the edge hard a red ice spark hit them turning them into soft blue icy slippers.

"You see you control magic without realizing it but now that you took your true form you can control it with practice. Here lift your left hand up and point it at that ice chunk good now flick your wrist up then point down." Following her instructions the ice chunk melted leaving smooth clear area. Pointing at the ground there I flicked my wrist and moved my arm up stumbling as the huge snowflake of ice emerged solidifying fast as I took my hand away from it. "Oh goodness you are the royal Frost you need to go to the palace pack up your food and go to the abandoned ice castle across the ocean you with your powers can walk across the water but you will need company so here." Lifting a bottle stopper and dropping the liquid on the ground then saying a few words a pure white Lynx rose from the ground the eyes of the cat glowing blue a collar of red snow formed around its neck and a diamond crystal forming on its forehead along with one searing itself into my neck at the collar bone. "May you Frost be with her forever you can name her whatever you want for she will live as long as you live and also with the royal diamonds both in you and her you can speak to each other through thoughts you send."

"Thank you Shinue I think I will name her Snowbell for the bell of the castle sent me to you and that she was formed out of snow." With that I hugged Shinue and headed back to the castle.