Chapter 7

CHAPTER 7

Lily's POV

As soon as I got to the great hall, sadness hit me. It wasn't my fault I was muggle-born. Maybe I DIDN'T deserve to be here. Maybe Petunia was right, I am just a freak. I went and sat down nect to Harry and he smiled at me. At least he must have taken after whoever his mother was when it came to being nice, and not his father's arrogance.

"Are you ready for the exam today Lizzie?" He asked me and Istarted to worry slightly. I had completely forgotten about the exam.

"If I'm honest, I completely forgot about the exam, but I think I'll be alright in it. How about you two?" I asked him and Ron, who shrugged.

"We normally wait until the night before to revise, and most of the time we wing it." I rolled my eyes. He was so much like his father with his laid back attitude towards exams.

"You really should put more effort in, or you'll fail." I said with a sigh and they both laughed.

"You sound  so much like Hermione when you say that." I decided not to say anything to that, and instead pulled a couple of sausages onto my plate and started to eat. Suddenly the main doors banged open and the Marauders and Hermione came in and made their way over to the three of us, where all of them but James sat down, instead he looked down at me.

"What do you want Mathews?" I asked him.

"Did it hurt?" He asked, loud enough for everyone in the room to hear, and I felt confused.

"Did what hurt?" I asked, aware that every student and teacher was watching, including Snape.

"When you fell out of heaven?" Ok, seriously?

"Oh piss off. I don't know what you're trying to do, but it's not working." I said irritably, and he looked hurt for a second then smirked.

"I'd better give them a call to let them know that they're missing their most beautiful angel." I felt my face grow hot with embarassment, but I refused to give him the response he wanted. I simply got up and left, my hair flying out behind me, annoyed that I let him get away with embarassing me like that.

James' POV

I watched Lily storm away, her face bright red from embarassment. At leat my plan was working...ish, then I sat down next to Harry. I wanted to find out why he didn't like going home and whether I'm a bad parent or not.

"So Harry...you mentioned that you didn't like going home, why is that?"

"Are you kidding?The Dursley's are horrible to him! They made him sleep under the stairs in his first-year and put bars on his window in second-year..." The Dursley's?

"Ron! Do you really think Harry wants you to be telling everyone that?" Hermione scaulded.

"The Dursley's?" Why did they sound horribly familiar?

"My aunt and uncle and their horrible son Dudley." Where the hell am I?"

"Why don't you stay with your parents?" Harry looked down sadly and I wondered what I had said.

"You don't know about Harry's parents? Where are you from? The whole wizarding world knows about it, why don't you?" Ron asked suspiciously.

"Ron, it doesn't matter," Harry muttered, then turned back to the Marauders. "My parents are dead." What? "They were killed by Voldemort when I was a baby. My dad faced him first to give my mum time to get me away, but he was killed. Then he killed my mum, but because my mum had refused to move out of the way to let Voldemort kill me, it protected me. So when Voldemort tried to kill me, the killing curse rebounded and Voldemort disappeared. From then on I was a worldwide celebrity and I was known at 'The chosen one' and 'The boy who lived.' I was forced to live with my mum's sister and her family and they HATE magic and told me that my parents died in a car crash. It wasn't until Hagrid crashed in and explained the truth on my 11th birthday that I actually knew I was a wizard." I gaped at him as a million questions swirled around in my head. I was dead?  How did he survive? Who was his mother? Why had he been sent to these Dursley people and not someone close; like Lily or Sirius, or Remus, or Peter?