Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3

Third person

James, Lily, Remus and Peter stared open mouthed as the door appeared in front of them.

"This is the room of requirement. It only appears when the user has real need of it, and it is always equipped ot the user's needs." Harry explained, remembering how Hermione had explained it to him previously.

"Wicked!" Peter said, sounding as astounded as the rest of them felt.

"We've got a few minutes before the others get here" Harry explained, before walking over to a mirror sort of thing, that had newspaper clippings and pictures on it.

"I'm going to talk to Harry. Get to know him a little bit." The rest of them nodded, but Lily had already walked over to Hermione and was deep in conversation with her as if they were best friends. James walked over to Harry.

James' POV

I walked over to my son, finding it strange that I was calling him my son, seeing as we were practically the same age.

"Hey Harry." I said cheerfully and he smiled at me.

"Hey James."

"So how long have you been doing this? Dumbledore's Army?"

"A few weeks. Umbridge has almost caught us a few times though. People need to be ready in case Voldemort attacks us though." I recoiled slightly. "Sorry...You-know-who. I prefer to call him by his proper name. Fear of a name only increases the fear of the thing itself."

"I'm not scared of the name, I'm just wondering why fifth-year students need to worry about Voldemort attacking you. You're only 15." Harry looked at me as if I was stupid, or grown an extra head.

"He's already tried to kill me four times before." He said as if it was perfectly normal. "But I don't like to talk about it too much. I just believe that people need to be told the truth about him returning and we need to be ready. Anyway, where are you staying in the summer?" I was slightly surprised by the sudden change of subject, but more at the fact that he had said that Voldemort had tried to kill my son four times already.

"Oh. I don't kow actually..." Harry looked at me excitedly.

"You can come with us if you like? We're staying with the order of the phoenix. Ron's parents are in the order, and Hermione's parents are allowing her to stay there."

"What about you? You're not going home?" I asked, trying to be as casual as I could. I was desperate to find out how he felt about me.

"Why would I go home? I hate it there. Anyway, people are starting to arrive." Harry started to walk away, but I stayed rooted to the spot, feeling shocked at what he had said. He hated it at home? Harry turned back to talk to me. "You ok James? You look a bit pale." I shrugged off his concern and walked over to the others.

"Harry says he hates going home. Why would he hate it? I'm not a bad parent am I?"

"Now let's see; you're immature, always playing pranks on first-years, you talk back to teachers and bully people." Lily started cheekily. "I have no idea why he would hate being at home" she said sarcastically and went to join Hermione. I stared after her. She was quite hot when she was sarcastic. Wait, what? He shook his head free of that thought as the other marauders laughed.

"Bloody hell, you just got told. By a GIRL, James!" Padfoot laughed and I punched his arm.

"Shut up. ANYWAY, as I was saying, Harry also says that Voldemort's already tried to kill him FOUR times!" I said as quietly and urgently as I could.

"You...you said his name..." Wormatil said and I rolled my eyes

"Honestly Wormtail, you're such a worry wart." Padfoot said what we were all thinking. "Oh look, it's starting."

Third Person

"Make it a powerful memory, the happiest you can remember. Allow it to fill you up." Harry's voice was heard clearly throughout the Room of Requirement. "A full bodied patronus is the most difficult to produce, but shield forms can also be equally useful against a variety of opponents." A whole group of shimmering animals began to burst out of student's wands as the cast the spell. "Remember, your patronus can only protect you for as long as you stay focussed, so concentrate."

"Expecto Patronum!" A stag burst out of James' wand and he laughed triumphantly, but it disappeared as he lost concentration when he saw Hermione glare at him suspiciously.

"Expecto patronum." Sirius cast the spell next, and a shaggy dog that looked identical to his animagus form jumped around excitedly.

"Aww snuffles, he looks like you!" James joked and Sirius shot him a glare as the dog barked and chased Peter's rat, which disappeared before it got eaten. Remus was the last to cast it, and a wolf jumped out of his wand in a flurry of sparks. "Got you to a Tee right, Moony?" He said jokingly.

"Shush Prongs!" Suddenly there was a loud bang, and all of the partronus' disappeared. There was a big explosion where the door was supposed to be, and pieces of stone flew everywhere. When the smoke had cleared, they saw there there was a big, gaping hole and a woman dressed in pink was stood there accompanied by Filch, some Slytherins and.....a Ravenclaw?"

"Get them!" The woman shouted viciously, and they were almost scared of her. They were all dragged up to Dumbleore's office, and were accused of trying to take over the ministry. Why the hell would they do that? Cornelius Fudge and the pink lady moved forwards to take Dumbledore to Azkaban, but before they could get to him a phoenix flew down, and both Dumbledore and the phoenix disappeared in a flash of orange. Afterwards the pink lady, who was actually called Umbridge, was appointed as the new headmistress and they all knew that they were doomed.

As soon as they got back to the common room and the other Gryffindors had gone up to bed, Hermione turned to James and grabbed his t-shirt.

"Why is your patronus a stag?" James had no idea why she was overreacting about this. "Harry's patronus is a stag."

"Oh...shit. Dan, Ben? A little help here?" He struggled against her strong grip as Remus, Sirius, Lily and Peter ran over.

"Never mind me then?!" Peter squeaked.

"Oh shut up Zach! Someone save me from his maniac woman!"

"Actually, it's quite hilarious to see a girl besides Lily overpower you Prongs!" Sirius laughed, then after realising what he had said clamped his hand over his mouth. Peter handed Remus two Sickles and the others looked at them questioningly.

"We made a bet to see who would mess up first. I won." Remus explained, then Hermione gasped, realising what they had said.

"What did you just say?!" She asked Sirius, who paled. "Hang on...Lily, Prongs, Padfoot, Moony and..." She pointed at each person in turn but stopped abruptly at Peter. "...and Wormtail..." She finished, her voice full of venom, like she hated him. "What the hell is going on? You're the creators of the marauders map?"

"We ARE the marauders Hermione." Remus explained and Hermione's mouth dropped open.

"What? Wait...Lily Evans right? And James Potter?" They nodded, looking slightly freaked out.

"Oh my god..."

"What's so special about us?" Lily asked. Hermione avoided their eyes, guessing that they obviously weren't together yet.

"Err...nothing, but start explaining. Now."