Chapter 5

Shani

We pulled into a gated community just off the highway. I dared to keep my eyes on the road afraid to look into his face after what he had just done to me. I hadn't came so heard since ... well never. At least not by the touch of a man.

My tough girl act was long gone. Replaced by something a little softer and a hell of a lot more vulnerable.

"Pull up just here." He said.

I nodded my head and pulled the car up to a small guard post. We were soon greeted by a pretty petite blonde girl who seemed very unfitting for the job.

She eyed me questionably. Before realizing Michael was seated next to me. She smiled widely. "What's up Mikey?" She asked leaning over into the drivers side window. She gazed into the back seat and a look of disappointment showed on her face. "Where's Darwin?" She whined.

I looked over to him as if to say 'what the fuck was it to her?'. He placed his hand on my knee and softly pressed his nails into my skin. I instantly lost the attitude I was attempting to catch and simply found myself leaning back into the seat.

I even made it a point to smile at the bitch. She returned the gesture. And I thought to myself that she was pretty but no where near as pretty as my best friend.

"Jessica DND tonight." He said firmly. "No exceptions."

She nodded her head in the affirmative and softly stepped away from the car. I couldn't help but notice he had a similar effect on me. And wondered if he naturally had this effect on all women.

The gate parted and I removed my foot from the brake allowing us to slowly pull down the street. My eyes bulged as I took in each exquisite home. These homes were nicer than the ones we had just left. Reminding me that he was a rich celebrity and that I was attempting to play ball in another league.

"Last one on the right." He said breaking me away from my thoughts. My eyes bulged. It was by far the biggest home of them all. It even contained a large piece of land that was gated all itself.

I pulled into the circular driveway and placed the car in park before removing the key from the ignition and dangling it for him to take. All the while managing to keep my eyes on the steering wheel. I had lost all my sass. I was nervous as shit and afraid of what more he could do to me once alone in his home. Instead of taking the keys from my hand he took my hand into his. Placing it on his lap.

"Are you okay?" His tone was soft and concerned. I loosened up a bit. Reassuringly nodding my head yes. I attempted to reach for the door handle. "Ah Ah!" He said quickly exiting the car. Leaving me confused as he made his way around to my door. He opened the door with a goofy grin on his face before extending his hand to help me out. I cocked my head to the side as if to say 'Really' before placing my hand in his.

"I could have gotten that ya know."

"You could have. But you don't have to when I'm around. Consider me if nothing else you're official door opener." He joked wrapping his arm around mine. I giggled at his goofiness but managed to blush at the thought of him being around longer than tonight.

"Opening doors is cool. I mean it's sweet of you. Probably impresses a lot of the girls you meet. I can hear them now. Oh that Michael B Jordan is such a gentleman. Opening doors, pulling out chairs. Girl hold my panties." I joked attempting to mimic one of his previous bimbo conquest as we made our way up the steps.

"You caught me." He said holding his free hand in the air. "My father always said If you want to get in her pants. You gots to be a gentleman. He said Son if you want her to be yours ... then make sure to get them doors. And let's not forget my favorite. If you want them to show you theirs. All you gots to do is pull out chairs."