Sneak Peak for My Lovely Readers~

Hello there, lovely readers of this story of mine!~ Thank you so much for taking your time out to read this. I honestly never thought I would get as many reads or votes for Recovery. Ever. It was just something I had imagined, a little story I created for fun. I never expected anyone to actually read it. Especially get nearly 1,000 views.

So again, thank you ^^

For this, and all those wonderful comments asking me to continue, I will give a small excerpt from the next chapter. Or, a sneak peek, if you will. This will be in Hazel's point of view. I figured, Hey, why not write in her PoV for once, right?

Yeah, so, here we go! Oh, and for those who left a comment, I will respond as soon as possible once my internet begins working again. It's been being a bit difficult, but as soon as I can, I promise to respond. For now, I'll just gladly thank each and every one of you!

Enjoy!~

___________________________

I ran for my life. Why? There was a creature of the dark following me.

Any guesses on who that might be?

Oh, none other than that stalker known as the Slenderman.

Why might he be following me, you ask?

I believe I am his next target.

Or, he really wants those pictures I accidentally took of him last week.

Though, I highly doubt it's the latter.

Nah, I'm just kidding. I didn't take any pictures of him. He probably would have already killed me if I did.

He tried to attack me yesterday out in the woods. With that guy...known as Jeff.

I don't understand what they want with me. To be honest, I don't quite understand the concept of it being me. I mean, I'm a normal child, right? I'm just adopted, kind of, and have a tenancy to see weird things here lately. Especially men with burnt orange jackets and masks. And dark creatures of the night.

I always thought myself of a geeky nerd. Playing my games, reading books, watching anime, hanging out with the people I had once considered "friends". Well, I like Rex. He's actually been here.

But that's a different situation.

Right now, I'm running for my life.

Running away from him.

I have to get home. I need to tell Patricia, my foster mom, to leave immediately or she'll be his next target. She'll be dead. And it'll be all my fault.

Opening up my home door never seemed to be a problem. It was today.

I stole a glance outside. Was he still following me? If he was...

Crap, what was I doing? I was leading him directly to her. What's wrong with me?

"Patricia! Patricia!" I shouted, trying to get her attention. The air remained silent.

No. She's here. Her car was in the driveway. She must be here.

"Mom!" I screamed, and I finally received a response.

A small muffle at the top of the stairs. Towards my bedroom. Ready to defend my current family with each fiber of my being, I rushed up the steps, two at a time.

Slamming open my bedroom door gave me a horrific sight. No, besides the obvious unclean state. That's not important as of this moment.

Patricia was being practically forced to a wall, her hair up in a messy bun and her wide eyes staring at me, alerting me, "Run". A callused hand was placed over her mouth, the skin a bright ivory. I traced my eyes up the arm, up the jacket sleeve, up to the backside of the mystery person's head.

A tangle of black hair.

The man slowly turned his head to look at me. His eyes...his pupils burned a dark color as they gazed at me. With what? Oh, a mixture of complete homicide and maybe even...surprise? But of course, that was masked by the complete insanity that blaze there.

He smirked at me, his wide smile growing even wider, stretching the scars that extended from his mouth to his cheek, creating the perfect maniac smile.

"Why, hello Hazel. What a lovely surprise.~"