Chapter 21- The Surprises of my Frog Voice

Was it normal to be annoyed at your soon-to-be husband? Of course it was.

But it was not normal because the reason I was annoyed.

Louis is seriously strange.

My eyes strayed back to his body. He was standing at the doorway to my room. He was visiting again and helping me pack up my stuff in boxes. After we get married, which was in two weeks, (I know what you're thinking--finally! After almost a full year of engagement) I would move with Louis into this flat that we bought earlier this month.

I had visited him and we had went apartment hunting.

"Dani?"

I glanced back at Lou before chuckling.

He was covered in sharpie drawings. Completely covered. His face was a mess of scribbles. I think I even saw the word 'butthead' written somewhere on his cheek.

"I swear, Lou. You are trying to become more like Zayn everyday," I joked as I laid back down on my bed.

He chuckled, leaping onto the bed beside me. My body bounced slightly before resting peacefully. "Do you still love me like this?"

I glanced at him out of the corner of my eye, "No."

He dramatically gasped, grabbing my left hand and placing it on his chest. I could feel the power of his heartbeat in my fingertips. "You have wounded me, Dani."

I grinned, tilting my head up to kiss him underneath his jaw. He smiled and leaned down to peck me on the lips. I pulled away and looked at the ceiling.

"So what are you doing for your bachelor party thing?" I asked.

I felt him shrug, his shoulders brushing mine. Finally he answered, "Harry wanted to take me to a strip club but I refused."

I grimaced, "Good."

There was a comfortable silence before Louis spoke. "What about your bachelorette party?"

I shrug, "We might just go to a fancy club or something after eating at a fancy resturaunt."

I felt his chin rest on top of my head, "As long as no guys touch you."

I smirk, "I could say the same thing to you."

I looked at his face to see his eyes narrowing, "What are you trying to say?"

I simply laughed, my fingers dancing on his sides. He stayed frozen and I pouted. Wasn't he ticklish? Once my hands reached behind his ears, he shrieked like a banshee. I burst into laughter as he blushed. It was like a dog--when you scratch them behind the ear and such.

My stomach suddenly growled and I groaned, getting up from my comfortable spot and moving to the kitchen. I heard soft footsteps behind me as I rummaged through the cabinets and refrigerator to make a sandwich.

"Lou?"

I heard a grunt.

"Sometimes hand sanitizer takes off sharpie marks."

I heard pounding footsteps running away and I turn back just in time to see Lou slam the bathroom door shut behind him. I laugh as I plop some turkey on to the bread.

"Ow!" I heard Lou shriek in pain. I jump in surprise, dropping a slice of cheese on the ground.

"What happened?" I called out to him, preparing to call in ambulance if needed. He's quite clumsy...

"I got it in my eye!" He yelped. I laughed.

By the time Lou had come out of the bathroom, I was halfway through with eating my sandwich. When he entered the kitchen, I noticed most of the scribbles were gone but now there were leftover black smears across his face like he was a dirty mechanic.

He fell in the seat beside me and snatched the sandwich from my hands. He quickly shoved the remains in his mouth as I pouted.

"That's unfair," I claimed.

He swallowed then smirked, "That's what you get for laughing at your fiancee when he's in pain."

I felt tingles swim through my stomach at the mention of fiancee. I will never get tired of hearing that.

Suddenly the silence was broken by the shrill ring of the apartment landline. I quickly glance at the black phone and pick it up.

"Dani?" It was Tommie.

"Yep it's me. What do you want?"

"Can you meet me at that cafe." She was talking about Cafe Bordeaux.

"Yeah sure. Why?"

"Harry problems," She concluded, her voice sounding detached.

"That's all you need to say. Be there in ten." I hang up and turn to Lou, smiling apologetically.

"Who was that?" He asked, an eyebrow raised.

"I'm going to meet Tommie at that cafe I like. Do me a favor and talk to Harry. They're having relationship issues."

He nodded and I pecked his lips once more before changing into jeans and throwing a coat over my shirt. I slipped on some boots and grabbed my phone. I decided to leave my keys here since Lou would be inside.

I made my way to my car and after a few fail tries, the car started up. I need to get a check up on this old baby.

A few minutes later I arrived at the cafe. I swiftly pulled into the parking lot and parked the car. As I headed inside, I made sure to lock the door as I shivered. It was basically winter.

The bell that hung above the door chimed as I walked in. I searched around the room and didn't see Tommie anywhere. I guess she was running behind. I decide to walk up to the counter and order myself a hot chamomile tea and get a hot cocoa with extra  whip cream and no marshmallows for Tommie.

They called my name and I grabbed the cups and sat at a cozy looking booth in the back corner. I took a sip of my tea, burning my tongue in the process. The door chimed again and I looked up to see if Tommie had arrived yet.

But what I saw was definitely not that.

I choked on my drink as it spewed out of my mouth very unattractively.

My eyes locked onto theirs, my mouth agape. Why was she even in America? My voice sounded like a frog when I finally decided to acknowledge their presence.

"Adam and Abby?"

-------------------------

Hey guys!

Sorry if it's kind of bad...and short after making you wait forever! And then I leave it with a cliffhanger. I'm such a bad person.

Anyway, it's three in the morning and I'm typing this while yawning and trying to look through my half-closed eye lids.

So I read this whole book over again and I also read some of your comments. ALL OF THEM MADE ME SMILE SO MUCH AND MADE ME REMEMBER HOW MUCH I LOVE WRITING.

So thank you for everything y'all do. You guys have stuck with me through thick and thin. And these past months have definitly been a struggle. So  I love you guys so much! <3

Fan, vote, comment.

Love,

Someblondesaresmart <3

P.S. I know I haven't written an authors note in so long.