Chapter 22- Relationship Drama

My eyes were wide as I watched them enter the cafe with her arm looped around his. It was almost hilarious how my cheater is dating Lou's ex-girlfriend. She could have done better than my sloppy seconds.

"Dani?"

I watched them approach me, Adam's face flickering between confusion and apprehension.

I cleared my throat. "Danielle."

He raised an eyebrow, but stayed silent.

"Hello Abby," I greeted, glancing at her. She smiled at me, still the nice girl I remember from months ago.

"So...how are you?" Adam asked, his arm moving to wrap around Abby's waist. I noticed and fought to hold in the bile the threatened to escape. Why was Abby dating that jerk?

I waved my left hand, trying to discreetly show off my engagement ring. "Oh you know, just getting married in a a week or so. Nothing big."

He narrowed his eyes at my nonchalance, but nevertheless stared at my ring.

I hear the bell chime again and see Tommie enter the cafe.

"Although it was nice speaking to you, Abby, and not fun to speak to the cheater, Adam, I must go now. Bye!" I got up from my table, walking around the stunned couple and making my way to Tommie. Her hair was pulled up in a messy bun with a sweatshirt, athletic leggings and tennis shoes on. I raised my eyebrows when I saw her eyes rimmed in red with bags under her eyes.

"Hey Tommie, what's wrong?"

She glanced at me then to my outstretched hand, grabbing the drink from me.

"Thanks," She mumbled, walking to a booth in the back. I nodded, noting how she avoided my question.

She slid into the seat across from me, resting her elbows on the wooden table as she took a sip. I leaned back in my seat, observing her quietly. Her eyes glanced behind me briefly.

"Is that Adam and Abby?"

I nodded.

"Why?"

I shrugged.

She stared at me for a long time, continuing to drink from her cup. I watched her, the clock ticking before I decided if I didn't nudge her to speak, she was probably not going to budge at all.

"Tommie--"

"I know," she interjected.

I frowned.

"Harry is so infuriating!" She cried, throwing her hands in the air. The cup fell from her hands and onto the table, causing me to jump in surprise. I was about to get up and grab some napkins until I realized it was empty.

"What do you mean?" I queried, settling back into my seat.

"We broke up," She stated, "I think."

"You think?"

"You know what I mean! He broke up with me last week and you know how we're off and on again and so I didn't think anything about it, but then as the week went on, I started to think. Why have I settled for this type of relationship?"

She paused, her fingers pulling on the strings of her hoodie.

"I don't want a relationship where every time we bicker we break up. I don't want that. I want something like Tiarne and Niall have, something like you and Louis have."

Her eyes were watering now, but I didn't stop her. She needed to release what she was saying.

"I don't want that," she claimed, her voice cracking in the middle of the sentence, "But I love Harry."