Fading Mist (Ch 1)

( and now you can see the way I write. again sorry if you don't like it but I do and it's 10x easier and more fun for me to write so sorry to those who don't like it, kewl to those who do ^^ oh and it starts out when she's 7 Fyi)

------

(Morgan's pov)

(I awoke and glanced over at the alarm clock. seeing that it was 5 am I jumped to my feet. It was my 7th birthday and I couldn't wait. I got up and crept out of my room, knowing everyone else was probably still asleep. Suddenly my brother Keevan jumped out at me from what seemed like out of nowhere.)

    Kevan: Rawr!!

(I squealed, then scowled when I saw it was him)

Morgan: Hey! Don't do that!

    Keevan: Heheh, you couldn't sleep either?

Morgan: Not really, I just was too excited for today!

    Keevan: Me too!

(We both laughed. We were twins so we both had our birthdays today and we always celebrated them together.)

    Morgan: So mom and dad aren't up yet?

Keevan: Nope! What do you wanna do?

    Morgan: Hmm.. I got some ideas

Keevan: What?

    Morgan: Just follow me, you'll see!

(I made my way over to a window that I remembered was unlocked and opened it, climbing out quietly. I then lead Keevan through the woods behind our house, glancing back every once in awhile to make sure he was still following. It was still dark, so I had to rely on memory to know where I was going.)

    Morgan: We're almost there.

(We stopped at a large oak tree to take a break. We sat by the base of the tree.)

    Keevan: You know.. if mom and dad knew we left they would kill us!

(I laughed)

    Morgan: Yeah, if they wouldn't already be too busy questioning us

(We both laughed. I looked up at the sky and decided we'd better get going before it's too late. We lived in a fairly mountainous area, so most of the traveling was done going uphill. We soon arrived at the very top of the cliff.)

    Morgan: Here

(I whispered. Together we gazed over the land, the sun was just coming up over the hills in the distance. I reached over and held my brother's hand.)

     Keevan: Wow..

(He gazed in awe.)

    Morgan: We'd better start heading back soon

(Just as I turned and began to walk away he grabbed my wrist)

     Keevan: Can't we stay for just a little longer?

(I sighed)

     Morgan: Oh alright, but just a few minutes. We gotta get back before mom and dad wake up or else        we're dead, like you said.

(He smiled and turned his head back to the sunset. I could tell he really loved it, and I was glad I showed it to him. After a few minutes past I looked at him and he knew we had to go then. He nodded. As we began to walk back I seemed to feel a strange prescence nearby. I was walking ahead, leading Keevan back since he didn't like going out into the woods often. The prescence soon went away and I silently sighed in relief.)

    Morgan: Hey Keevan-

(I looked back and suddenly froze as I saw he wasn't there. I was in a panic.)

    Morgan: Keevan!!

(I called out into the woods but there was no response. My heart raced and I wondered if I should go search for him or go get mom and dad. I suddenly turned towards the direction of the house and began to run as fast as my feet could carry me. As I reached our house, I quickly climbed through the window and bursted into my parents bedroom.)

    Morgan: Mom! Dad! Wake up!

(I shouted. They slowly sat up, rubbing their eyes.)

    Dad: What is it?

(He asked sleepily.)

    Morgan: Keevan's lost in the forest!! You gotta go find him!

Mom: Woah woah wait slow down a minute.. what happened?

(I took a deep breath and began explaining quickly)

    Morgan: We both woke up early so we.. kinda.. decided to go exploring. It was my idea so please don't blame him. I went to show him the sunrise on the cliff-

Dad: Wait, you two left the house?!

    Mom: The cliff?! I told you not to go there, it's too dangerous!

Dad: Alright so where's Keevan?

    Morgan: Okay so on our way back I was pretty sure he was following me but then I looked back and he was gone! I called out for him but he would have answered me if he just wandered off.. I..I think he was kidnapped.

Mom: Kidnapped?

    Morgan: Yeah, come on we gotta do something!!

Dad: Now wait.. hold on a second.

    Morgan: What?

Dad: How do we know you didn't do something to him?

    Morgan: What?! Me? I would never-

Dad: Now Morgan don't lie to us. We both know you've been secretly planning this all along, haven't you?

(I was frozen in shock)

    Morgan: No! Why would you say such a think? Mom..?

Mom: Honey... how could you?

    Morgan: Now you're both against me.. Keevan's in trouble we gotta go save him, please believe me!

Mom: We wish we could honey but.. I'm afraid we all know the truth..

    Morgan: I love Keevan how come you two can never seem to understand that?!

Dad: Look Morgan, we still love you. This doesn't mean you're a bad person, it just means you weren't thinking very well and we still care about you.

    Morgan: Stop this!!

(Tears came to my eyes)

    Dad: And that is why we're not going to tell the police. We'll let you free, just as long as you stay far away from us.

Morgan: What?!

(By now I was crying)

    Dad: Just leave here and we won't say a word. Just don't let them see you or they might know..

Mom: You should get going now, actually. Don't want them to figure out it was you..

    Morgan: Do you even care about me? Or Keevan at that matter? All you want to do right now is get rid of me it seems..

Mom: No it's not that, it's just that we care about you so we don't want you to get caught and possibly killed too.

(Dad began to literally push me out the door. I tried to resist but I was a lot smaller than he was)

    Morgan: No!! Why are you doing this!

(I cried out. As soon as they had me out the door I heard it slam behind me and I heard the lock. I cried to myself on the steps. Everything I had ever known was all gone.. I felt as if the world were slowly fading away..)