chapter 6 ✔︎

hey guys! i decided i'm gonna give a song suggestion for the chapter, so you guys can listen to it while you read.
song for the chapter- "unapologetically" by kelsea ballerini.

cody and i were sitting at dinner. we were outside and you could clearly see the beach. there were cute little fairy lights hanging, and the whole restaurant was aesthetic.
cody's hand was on mine, and everything was perfect, or at least very close to perfect.
"cody this is amazing, thank you." i grin and he smiles.
"i'm glad. now tell me about yourself. i feel like i don't really know a lot."
"well, i play softball at UCLA. i've played since was ten. i'm majoring in sports medicine. i suck at getting homework done." i pause and giggle a bit, before continuing. "i'm twenty one. i also play volleyball, but my main sport is fastpitch. i'm from puerto rico, but moved her when i was two." i say.
"alright, very interesting. now tell me the real stuff. what do you actually want to do when you get out of college? any hidden talents?" he chuckles.
"okay. so i've never told anyone this. only kiké knows, but i guess you could say i'm a decent singer. i occasionally write songs, but just when i'm bored. it's stupid and i never tell anyone." i blush and look down, embarrassed.
"hey, why are you so embarrassed? i bet you're an amazing singer. you should let me hear you sing sometime." he grins.
"maybe." i shrug and look at the menu.
"enough about me. what about you?" i ask.
"well, i play for the los angeles dodgers. i'm a first baseman and an outfielder. i'm from scottsdale, arizona. i went to hamilton high school. i've never been in love. i've had past relationships but they were stupid." he chuckles and continues. "i don't like love songs. my secret talent is bouncing a ping pong ball off of the table and into a glass. i'm pretty good." he smirks as we laugh in unison.
"i'd like to see that sometime." i giggle.
the waiter comes back. cody has been pretty frustrated with him, because he had been flirting with me. it was kind of hot to see cody get protective.
"what can i get for you beautiful?" he asks.
"umm, the caesar salad." i looked down at my menu, hoping he'd get the hint that i was uncomfortable.
i set down my hand, and i smiled as cody's rested on top of mine.
"and i'll have the chicken sandwich, please." cody's jaw clenched, but i rub his hand with my thumb and he relaxes a bit.
the waiter leaves and me and cody talk more.
"i'm gonna go to the bathroom, i'll be right back."
i nod my head. after about thirty seconds, our waiter walks over.
why'd this have to happen when cody left.
"hey, you're gorgeous. can i get your number? maybe we can go out sometime. you seem very sweet."
i look down and start to speak.
"no th-"
cody walks back over.
"is there a problem? my girlfriend and i were just trying to have a nice dinner. she's taken, get the hint bud." he grins at me and pecks my cheek, making me turn a shade of pink.
the waiter leaves and we finish our dinner in peace, with the occasional stare or wink.

"and what does this appear to be? the dodger's very own cody bellinger went out last night with kike hernandez's smoking hot sister. do we smell a new romance?"
i sigh, cody was sitting on the couch next to me.
"why do they care." i mutter.
"they have nothing better to do. but they are right, you're hot." he smirks as i giggle and look up at him.
cody had passed out on the couch last night, he was too tired to drive to his place.
"i should probably get ready for the game, and you should, too. go home and shower." i smile as i take his hand and help him get up.
i try pushing him out the door.
"woah, can i get a peck on the cheek, at least?"
"sure." i smile and peck his cheek.
"you missed." he comments.
"wha?-"
his hand rests on my cheek and his lips passionately lock with mine. the kiss was perfect, and it was with the perfect guy. after about ten seconds we pull away, and he grins.
our first kiss.
"see you tonight, hun'." he smiles as he walks out the door.
dang you bellinger, this kid has really got me falling for him.
____________