30

A/N: Just wanted to say I love y'all omg. Y'all literally made my entire life! Lol and I ain't gonna drag my ex. He's a good dude he ain't do me grimy or nun. We just were going in different directions in life and we were no longer what each other needed. But thanks for all the support omg. Now let's hope I can still write this story now that I know love don't exist 🙃😂.

Devonte

By the time my father arrived, everybody was eating and laughing. My plate was piled high with all the staples, and my aunt did not come to play. Everything slapped. I sat in the living room with Trey, and his sister Ciara. We were joking around, reminiscing on old times. My aunt and Uncle and their friends were mostly in the kitchen. I could tell from how loud it was getting in there they had got the beer out and shit.

You could tell when my father walked in the house, because the energy just changed. My aunt let out a scream, and I looked up, thinking she was in danger or sum.

Instead I was greeted with her hugging a tall, very muscular man like her life depended on it. My dad was low key a giant. A couple tears scampered down her face as she rocked in his arms.

"Deondre," she sobbed.

My father. When she finally released him, my uncle came over, and gave him a back slap.

"Welcome home," my uncle said.

My aunties friends then came up to him, welcoming him back.

"Devonte is in the living room, but Andre ain't here yet. Go see him, I'll fix you a plate," she commanded him.

When my father turned to face me, I felt nervous all of a sudden. I ain't have no idea how this reunion was gonna go.

"You ready?" Trey was at my elbow as I pushed myself out of my chair. I was suddenly wishing there weren't so many eyes watching us.

"Yeah."

"That's Devonte?" My pops said, doing a double take. I kept forgetting he hadn't seen me since I was a child. Well, my ass was damn near a man now.

He scanned me. I did the same. I had an image of my father burned in my brain and he looked very similar to how he looked eleven years ago. The only difference was he was now way more muscled. His skin, which was one shade darker than mine, gave no hint of his age. No wrinkles, nun.

Obviously he had showered and changed before getting out, because he was outfitted in clothes that looked brand new.

I thought I saw approval in his eyes, and for some reason that made me feel good. I wondered what he saw in my eyes.

"This the son that refused to visit me the entire time I was locked up." My father mugged me. "Where's the son that actually wanna be my son?"

"You wasn't much of a father before getting locked up," I muttered.

"I kept a roof over your head, and clothes on your back, so play me again."

I looked around at everyone watching our exchange. "I ain't about to do this here."
I knew animosity between me and my dad was just providing them free entertainment, so I cut the show short.
It went against every thought in my mind, but I stuck my hand out. "Welcome home."

He eyed me, but finally took my hand. But I saw thinly veiled anger in his eyes and knew this was far from over.

"What it do family!" I released my father's hand at the sound of Andre's voice. His ass finally made it. Trey and Andre were like the same height, around 6'4". But Trey was a skinny ass nigga. Dre was solid, like me. And my dad. We had similar features, but Andre was lighter than me. He also had a full beard going. Other than that, it was obvious we were brothers, and even more obvious our father was our father. It always had been. There was no denying the family resemblance so it stung even more whenever my father would deny I was his son.